Swamp Rats in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know......we didn't have armadillo's in Ok back in the 60's and 70's. Now they have migrated and acclimated clear up to Nebraska.
Oh yeah we did. Our dogs would corner about three armadillos to every coon they would tree when we would go out in the woods when I was a kid.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah we did. Our dogs would corner about three armadillos to every coon they would tree when we would go out in the woods when I was a kid.
We never had them around here although we are just a tad over 100 miles north. All that changed in the 80's for us anyway. Started seeing their little carcasses on the highways. Nasty critters.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone remember The Colony survial show back in 2009-10 the second season there are lots of them things getting eaten. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470018/episodes?season=2&ref_=tt_eps_sn_2

It was a pretty cool show. I thought supposedly the 3rd season got shut down because someone got killed in the third season raiding the colonys camp.

Awesome show, man I miss this and Jerico. Both need to make a comeback! But not Revolution. That show had promise, but went the wrong way fast.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We never had them around here although we are just a tad over 100 miles north. All that changed in the 80's for us anyway. Started seeing their little carcasses on the highways. Nasty critters.
Your right Dennis I can remember if you seen one it was very rare and then like you said the population exploded

Latest posts

Top Bottom