Teachers armed with rocks. No, really.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The stupidity is almost overwhelming, they say everything is cyclic, but this is going a bit far... When I was 6 years old we were stationed at Fort Bliss Texas. My neighbor from across the street and I played in the sandy desert after school almost daily. We would throw rocks at each other from our various Forts we had made, well one day I hit James in the forehead with a piece of brick from about 25 feet..... You would have thought I ripped his skull open by all the blood and screaming. I learned my appreciation for a leather belt that day and have since moved on from throwing rocks to 500gr .458 projectiles, pert near the same thing I suppose... lol

I too learned of the “stopping power” behind a well aimed rock at a young age, but on the receiving end. I was able to convince my school yard adversaries that dirt clods were a more suitable projectile due to the tendency for a clod to burst open on impact, rather than your noggin bursting open from a rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The rules of "Dodge Rock" and "Dodge Bullet" are the same as "Dodge Ball" Remember the 5 "D"s' of Dodge Ball.

They are:
-Dodge
-Duck
-Dip
-Dive
-Dodge

If you aren't any good at the 5 "D"s', you should probably just keep playing with your toy light LightSaber and remember the prime law of life which is........ Survival of the fittest

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another kid and myself got sent home from a neighbor's house for throwing rocks once...

The neighbor had two boys, and we were all around the same age (elementary school). The neighbor's oldest started the rock throwing IIRC, so the other visiting kid and I went across the road where there were lots of small rocks (marble-sized or a bit larger).

None of us were very accurate at that distance (and age), so everybody managed to see them coming and pretty much avoid getting hit. Until I lobbed one up about as high as I could.

It came down right on top of the older kid's head. I know it hurt, but he didn't cry (not out loud anyway). He just grabbed the top of his head, then went and told his Mom that I hit him with a rock. :D

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were a BUNCH of us throwing rocks at each other and Bro#3 hit Sis#5 right smack in the corner of her eye with a line drive.:ooh2:

After my dad got done stitching her up, he beat us ALL senseless. Did we stop throwing rocks? No. Next time one of us got hurt, though, we took care of it ourselves.

That would be me. I have a nasty scar on the back of my head where I got nailed from behind. I probably should have gotten stitches and a tetanus shot. Instead, us kids made do with alcohol and cornstarch. My mom still has no idea how she managed to lose a whole box of cornstarch. Or why I suddenly decided I liked wearing my hair in a ponytail. Self-preservation, that's why. Lol:lookaroun:lookaroun

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the real question is.....

Are they Schoolhouse Rocks?

320x180-Q100_212f1befce5deb621a01c48a6d717dea.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom