Teenagers…grrr…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wonder what your malfunction is...still wetting the bed,.... unable to talk to real women.....basement living after fifty years ....

Pretty sure you're MUCH closer to wetting beds or diapers than I am. :D But hey.... you tried.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1680543650054.png

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is what I do. I figure it's just a kid (or bunch) enjoying the moment in what is otherwise (to them) a screwed-up world, a world that many blame us for.
That they still reach out in a friendly (though different way than when I was that age) tells me that today's kids are not just a bunch of totally 'lost' drug addicts or rebels.
OK, I’m on my podium,

We had over 107,000 drug overdose deaths last year! Over 106,000 in 2021. Nobody even talks about it. It’s like it’s not happening. Tent cities in all the blue states. Then all we hear about on the news is mass shootings everywhere. A total of 1,101 people have died from mass shooting since 1982 - 27 March 2023. Heck over 7,000 pedestrians die every year crossing the street. We have 336 million people in the US. The smart thing would be to significantly tighten security measures in schools and where large groups congregate. To make it illegal for the news media to show or mention the name of a mass shooter. To have repercussions for adults that don’t secure their weapons from children. Instead politicians talk about banning weapons? I think we have our priorities out of order.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never understand why anyone would even want to eat anything from McD's I ate there once when they first came to town and never again if i wanted to eat a cardboard box i can get it free from any dumpster or wear a apron to catch all the stupid sauce they put on their so called burgers and i dont do drive thru's anymore have yet to go thru one and they get the order correct and then i have to waste my time arguing with them to get it right.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a little confrontation with a teenager in a Norman McDonald's a few weeks ago. Just one of those times when an inconsiderate person just pushes the wrong button.

It was pretty busy and I was about 5 or 6 people deep in line waiting to order. There was a kid in front of me wearing a hoodie (despite the fact it was 75-ish degs outside) and the hood was cinched up around his face like Kenny from South Park. Judging by the 60s vintage beatnik style beard and John Lennon glasses he was very late teens to early 20s.

5 to 7 mins or so and Kenny gets up to the cashier (a nice lady probably in her 50s) who asks him what he'd like. His face is buried in his phone and he actually says, "Hang on...I gotta write this text." That pissed me off. But, it actually only took him a few seconds. Then he looks up at the menu and says, "I'm not sure what I want." That really pissed me off. It's McDonald's, it's not complicated, and you've had 10 minutes to figure this **** out.

So I said, much louder than I intended, "FFS, dude. You've been in line for 10 mins. If you don't know what you want get the f*** outta my way because I do." He replies, "You better back up old man." Now this kid was all of maybe 5' 5" and about a buck-ten...with his clothes and backpack on. I pretty much let him know he was in serious danger of having his ass kicked by the old man and we exchanged a few more words. The manager came out and told me I needed to keep my voice down and calm down or he'd ask me to leave. I was out of line, no question. Like I said...little Kenny just pushed the wrong button. I despise inconsiderate people.

Anyway, the manager took his order and the original cashier lady took my order and there was no ass-kicking on the menu. When my order came up she gave it to me and said in a quiet voice, "Thanks for saying that to him. He comes in everyday after class (from some college) and acts this way. I put a few cookies in your bag, too."
I didn't know MCD even had order takers anymore. The last time I was inside one you had to enter your order on a kiosk. May have been back during covid I guess.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You think that's bad, read about a Norman teacher who resigned to sell cars.
Perspective: Meet the Oklahoma teacher whose tweet about ...
I got my first teaching job in 2006, when the geography teacher/coach quit to sell insurance. Del Crest Middle School, IIRC, though it might have been JrHS here in Del City. Don't think he tweeted about it, since I don't twitter was a thing yet, but he didn't give notice, IIRC. They hired me in the middle of October.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So obviously a fun loving teen just enjoying life and his friends seeing your distaste attempt in his own limited vocabulary and try to interact with a member of an older person's peer group in a fashion he has obviously seen your generation do, and you snubbed him by refusing his, albeit elevated, hand in friendship?

For shame. :bolt:
You have to give the kid some credit. HE, at least, realized he'd done something that bothered someone else. That is getting vanishingly rare these days.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never understand why anyone would even want to eat anything from McD's I ate there once when they first came to town and never again if i wanted to eat a cardboard box i can get it free from any dumpster or wear a apron to catch all the stupid sauce they put on their so called burgers and i dont do drive thru's anymore have yet to go thru one and they get the order correct and then i have to waste my time arguing with them to get it right.

I only eat there when I'm driving and need something. I get the 2 cheeseburger meal. Easy to eat while driving and minimal fixins on it so it doesn't make a mess. That's why.

Latest posts

Top Bottom