The "Gimme Generation" - Warning! Rant ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year when it was hot out my son needed to borrow money to help pay his electric bill for two months. No problem. Then he would brag about the new video games he just bought right in front of me. Ok. Then one day he asked to borrow $20 for gas. I didn't have it on me so I couldn't do it. He got pissed and he hasn't talked to us since then. My wife and I are like, really?

This was after we helped him with his wedding, moving them and helped them get settled in with things they needed.

He is 25 years old and in the Air Force. We thought the military would help him get his act together. Nope

BTDT. Sometimes I think they are shocked at just how well I've gotten on without them taking every single last spare penny I have. God loves them (and so do I) but I don't ask them to float me a note when things get tight.

I stopped worrying about it when the middle son's girlfriend (now wife) wanted me to remodel MY house the way SHE wanted it because ... and I quote ...

"When you die, Son #2 and I are gonna get the house and I don't want to have to spend the extra money to get it the way I want it."

:ooh2::eek2:

Yeah ... :slap:

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTDT. Sometimes I think they are shocked at just how well I've gotten on without them taking every single last spare penny I have. God loves them (and so do I) but I don't ask them to float me a note when things get tight.

I stopped worrying about it when the middle son's girlfriend (now wife) wanted me to remodel MY house the way SHE wanted it because ... and I quote ...

"When you die, Son #2 and I are gonna get the house and I don't want to have to spend the extra money to get it the way I want it."

:ooh2::eek2:

Yeah ... :slap:

Many years before his death one of my sisters told my dad he and my mother should sell everything and give it away because she needed her "inheritance" at that time as opposed to later. He told her there was no ^*#^% "inheritance" until they were both gone, I don't remember them speaking after that.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Many years before his death one of my sisters told my dad he and my mother should sell everything and give it away because she needed her "inheritance" at that time as opposed to later. He told her there was no ^*#^% "inheritance" until they were both gone, I don't remember them speaking after that.

That's a good story!! :clap3:

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not the one crying because I charge so much that people can't afford to pay me. Sounds like YOU and your peers need to pull together and figure out how to provide affordable health care to those who can't afford it....or you could just wait for the President to do it for you. All trolling aside, quit dwelling on the bad and enjoy the rewards of your hard work, if you can't enjoy your work, find a practice where you don't have to deal with the broke dick walk-ins.

They do provide services for those that cannot pay, the way the system works everyone else has to pay more.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you are incorrect.

Okay JB, if you go down to any emergence room in the state I promise you. You will find Illegal aliens receiving care. They have no intention on paying the bill there for it gets passed on the rest of us. It is my understanding that they cannot refuse treatment.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's also unfortunate that some who can't pay are the elderly whose children have money but have forgotten who wiped their a**, fed, clothed, and sheltered them for years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom