Thieves and Hoarders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the only thing I could remotely be called a horder of is primers & powder, but even there I'm only kind of prepared.
I've got a half dozen g'kids who expect to get to shoot and I've kept plenty of 22lr on hand for years just for this reason.
But like other and myself have said learn the lesson and keep some on hand for times like this.
Everyone learns the lesson, it's just will it take one shortage or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 ...........

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to keep a supply of ammo handy at home. I don't want to stop and buy some on the way to the range.

I never seem have enough .22 though......:naughty:

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no issue with buying as much ammo as you can lay hands on, if it's something you need.

Example 1 - guy has 5000 rounds of various .223 ammo stocked up, sees .223 ammo on sale and buys as much as they will let him buy. <- I've got no issue with this.

Example 2 - guy sees .357, .40, and 9mm ammo for sale, buys up as much as store will sell him, and continues to go back and buy more until supplies are exhausted. Guy doesn't own a firearm that shoots any of that ammo. <- I've got a problem with this, because even though you can do something, doesn't mean you should, and if some people think you're a dick because you did, then everyone is welcome to their opinion. Does the Dixie Chicks come to mind? There was no law that said they couldn't say what they said, they were free to say it, but because you are free to do something, doesn't mean you are free from suffering the consequences of your actions. If you're buying up stuff you need, tally ho, I'm all in. If you're buying to flip, or otherwise profiteer off of your fellow shooters, you're hurting the gun community, and that means you're hurting yourself.

If people would just stop buying **** they don't need, this would fix itself in about 6 weeks, and nobody would have anything to ***** about at all.

You flippers and profiteers feel free to flame away.

+1,000!!!

I've got a good supply of ammo. I'm not hurting in any caliber. But, I'm not going to shoot what I can't replace.

Greedy a55h@ts buying up ammo just to re-sell at jacked-up prices does not reflect well on the shooting community in general. We are better than this.

Hoarding ammo in calibers you don't even shoot - just for the sake of hoarding - is as despicable as the Feds making mass purchases of ammo just to dry up supply to their subjects.

It's ridiculous and I'm not playing this stupid game.

Flame on.

OkStateMET

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When was the last time, if ever, any of you asked the guy in line behind you what he wanted? Looking out for #1 right. It would be a shame if your stock pile fell below 4000 rounds....

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When was the last time, if ever, any of you asked the guy in line behind you what he wanted? Looking out for #1 right. It would be a shame if your stock pile fell below 4000 rounds....

It's called the human race, meaning it's a contest. If others are foolish enough not to plan agead and shoot all they keep on hand then they deserve to lose.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't - but then again the "guy in line behind me" (usually the next three or four) have all been folks that I've seen there every single time I've been there before, half of them buying with a "tax exempt" card, so figure if they're not already better fixed than I am it's their own fault.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is the mentality that is ruining America as we speak. Thanks for making my point.

Or it's the nanny staters wanting everyone else to raise their children for them, make sure everyone's soda isn't too big, everyone gets an education, no child left behind, and now making sure no one has more ammo then everyone else. "What do you mean he gets to buy all the ammo since he was first in line, bu bu but it's not fair. We should all get equal amounts. Hrumph."
i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_65FB3055_8FAB_4AEB_8B3e7ecb61067816acb07ffa8ddc3651ff.jpg

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hell I haven't even hardly bought any ammo, let alone get in line in front of anyone.:pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom