Things not to say ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the article says that you shouldn't have your I.D.s and paper work ready until the officer asks for them, is that correct? That would seem more suspicious to me than turning the interior light on and having it all in order when the officer or trooper got to your window.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember seeing a video a few years ago shot during a traffic stop.The cop was questioning the guy who ,in his stoned state,was unaware he had a joint stuck behind his ear.:homer:
I remember that one.

In another one they stopped a guy for suspected DUI and asked him to put out both hands and touch his fingers to his nose.

Suspect: "I can't do that officer, I have a glass eye."
Officer: "Which one is the glass eye?"
Suspect: :"Both of them"
:police2:

A woman I work with was stopped for speeding.
While he was writing the ticket she said: "Can you hurry up? I'm already late." :saywhat:
And That's a fact.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the article says that you shouldn't have your I.D.s and paper work ready until the officer asks for them, is that correct? That would seem more suspicious to me than turning the interior light on and having it all in order when the officer or trooper got to your window.

I usually have all of mine ready - for one, to keep from having to make him wait while I dig out that insurance verification that always seems to be expired.....while the new one sits at home.

gnnr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a fella that tried to get back on Tinker with a lit joint in his mouth. Got fired!! I ran into him about a year ago and he still says he don't remember:pms2::pms2::pms2:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually have all of mine ready - for one, to keep from having to make him wait while I dig out that insurance verification that always seems to be expired.....while the new one sits at home.

Yeah I always had mine ready to go... of course I was usually holding 2 or 3 up to the dome light to sort through the old insurance cards, too.

I stick all three in the window trim and hand em over when he asks for em

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember that one.

In another one they stopped a guy for suspected DUI and asked him to put out both hands and touch his fingers to his nose.

Suspect: "I can't do that officer, I have a glass eye."
Officer: "Which one is the glass eye?"
Suspect: :"Both of them"
:police2:

A woman I work with was stopped for speeding.
While he was writing the ticket she said: "Can you hurry up? I'm already late." :saywhat:
And That's a fact.

:spitlaugh

True story ... GC was out on patrol around the Capitol area when there was a call out for an accident on Lincoln. He got there, blocked the road and walked up to a damaged car that a woman was sitting in (behind the wheel). He asked her if she was okay. She said yes. He asked for her insurance and driver's license. She said "That's okay. I'll just wait for the real police to get here." :sunbath:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like this one: "Don't lie, either. Cops are trained to note the human characteristics of lying, including twitching and looking to the left, and they know the right questions to ask to suss out the truth."

Um... where am I supposed to look when the officer's on my left side?

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was pulled over a year or so ago for going 75 in a 65, the officer walked up and asked me if I knew how fast I was going, me thinking I was witty replied, "You're the one with the radar" then I kinda chuckled, he didn't

Latest posts

Top Bottom