Tired of being un-fit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, to resurrect a thread...

I did really good until about mid January. Wife had the baby and the women from our church brought over gobs of food for about a week, and then with all the craziness like not sleeping and everything that goes along with the first couple months of a new baby... I put the thirty pounds I had lost back on..... /wrists.

Well, here we go again.... I tried to do it all with just diet, and not exercise and while that worked to drop weight, I think it also spelled disaster for me when the diet stopped.

Well, lets see how it goes this time.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get off processed foods, soda's of any kind, and get LOTS of exercise like walking. You'll be suprised how fast the pounds will come off.

I've never had a weight problem, but 90% of what We eat is meat dragged off the mountain or woods, and veggi's we grow and can, drinking water, or good whisky LOL.....

Seriously, the processed foods and soda's have to be the worst. I had co-workers swear off them, and the weight loss follows.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just stopped eating out and started taking my breakfast and lunch to work, counting calories and I'm down 25 pounds in the last month. I started running last week to get ready for the thunderbird run and gun, I'm hoping to be down another 5 to 230 by next Saturday.

Livestrong has a website/app called "myplate" that calculates how many calories you need to eat to meet your goal, and you just enter what foods you ate and it keeps track of it for you. I find it really useful.

big-triple-d

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started the get fit process back in march I am 38 5' 11'' and was 255 lbs. I am currently at 219 lbs. and on my way hopefully to around 195. I think the hardest part is finding a diet and work out system that fits most peoples busy life's. This is what I have done it might or might not help but so far has done the trick for me.

Diet
I do the 5/2 diet and find it pretty easy to stick to. I use the Lose it App to track my calories 5 days week @ 2200 calories and 2 days a week @ 600.Most days I stay easily below the 2200 calories.

Exercise
I found a group of guys that I play basketball with 2 night a weeks makes for a fun cardio work out. I also try to get in two 30 min brisk bike rides a for my other cardio work outs. I add a 20-30 min full body dumbbell work out 2 weeks to try and start toning back up.

I hope this helps like, I said its all about what fits into your life the best.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, to resurrect a thread...

I did really good until about mid January. Wife had the baby and the women from our church brought over gobs of food for about a week, and then with all the craziness like not sleeping and everything that goes along with the first couple months of a new baby... I put the thirty pounds I had lost back on..... /wrists.

Well, here we go again.... I tried to do it all with just diet, and not exercise and while that worked to drop weight, I think it also spelled disaster for me when the diet stopped.

To update this, I was almost up to 240 in the summer, started cutting back slowly, and changing my diet and started to lose the weight slowly. I didn't really want to start working out because my job is fairly rigorous, and working out after being in the heat all day didn't sound good, gained about 5 pounds back in August, when my anniversary was followed by a Church men's activity, both events involved copious amounts of food. With cooler weather, diet and exercise have boosted my weight loss, I am now at 218, and am kicking my workouts up a few notches, and have changed my diet again, less processed food etc, rather than just a lower calorie diet, and my wife is joining me on it this time. My goal is under 200 by the time I hit 30, which is December 20th.

Just installed a pull-up bar, and have been riding my bike, as well as playing basketball with the guys at church on a regular basis, along with other things.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Check out the Couch to 5k program at Runners World on Peoria. Self paced, mostly, and no pressure.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Check out the Couch to 5k program at Runners World on Peoria. Self paced, mostly, and no pressure.

Running is kinda a no-go for me at the moment, my knees give me some trouble when I run, and I think it's related to the impact involved. Going to stick to bike riding and basketball for now, once I drop some more weight and build up my endurance I will start running, but still on a very limited basis. Mom has horrible knees, and has had several surgeries on both, including kneecap removal on one. Maybe I'm paranoid, but for now, if it bothers my knees, I am avoiding it. The last Dr I talked to said they would have to do an MRI to know anything about possible problems, and I don't have that kind of money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom