Tired of being un-fit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have been on myfitness pal for the whole time, I love it. My knees aren't bad, they just begin to bother me, and I don't know if I should push on, or stop. The last Dr I talked to about them said I would need an MRI to tell if there was a problem...

That's why I came up with the drop weight and see theory. Just gonna take the running slow and see. No time or extra cash for the gym, looking at body weight workouts I can do at home, and I have a set of 25# barbells... lol.

I dont have bad knees but I used to be EXTREMELY active when I was younger, the best thing I did was to wear knee braces. I had sprained my knee and ended up with two knee braces somehow so I started wearing them on both knees. A little soreness came with the territory when I played club basketball but the knee braces reduced the soreness to almost nothing. I guess I was preemptively wearing braces to stop knee problems if you look at it that way. But you dont want to wear them incessantly, mild to medium workouts I did without.

mistersolis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do decide to do some weight training and start looking at going to the gym, add on some cardio exercise before your work outs. Start at doing 15 minutes of cardio on a stairmaster or treadmill and increase it over time. You'll see a big boost of energy happen after a very short amount of time. You'll even sleep better too. I usually get on a treadmill and raise the incline then do a steady fast-walking pace.

Best of luck!

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow I turn 30. Weighed 204 this morning, 4 pounds short of my goal, but I am not bothered by being a bit off my goal. I added a bunch of weight lifting to my regimen and am seeing a benefit from it. My goal weight is probably 185-190 ish, but its about being fit, not just reaching a specific number. Started at 239 in July and could barely do a single pull-up, now I am 35 pounds lighter, and can easily knock out 5-6 pull-ups, and have been doing a bunch of lifting 3 times a week. Long way to go still but working out and eating right has become enjoyable.

Sent from my T.A.R.D.I.S. using a Sonic Screwdriver.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My knees and hips bothered me too, till I lost the weight. I was about 29-30, size 38waist, 6ft 260lbs. Try couch to 5k or couch to 10k, free apps, interval training, walk/jog. Good shoes will help too.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, after the run 'n gun, I stopped running, lol. I'm down to 215 now though, just by eating better (down 15 pounds in about 5 months or so). I'm going to start running again and try to get down to 200 in the next 4 weeks before I go on vacation.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, just your luck... we have another Run 'n Gun coming up on January 18 to keep you motivated to stay fit during the holiday season!

If anyone needs a New Year ass kicking to let you know what an unfit POS you are and to help provide motivation for your health-related New Year resolutions, the Pawnee Winter Run 'n Gun is the event for you!

www.okrunngun.com

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, just your luck... we have another Run 'n Gun coming up on January 18 to keep you motivated to stay fit during the holiday season!

If anyone needs a New Year ass kicking to let you know what an unfit POS you are and to help provide motivation for your health-related New Year resolutions, the Pawnee Winter Run 'n Gun is the event for you!

www.okrunngun.com

Had been planning on registering for that after I get my Bonus from work, but so far no bonus....

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mud Factor in June. You've got plenty of time to prepare.

So, I am about to turn 29, and it has dawned on me that continuing to be fat will be detrimental to my health, and that getting more fit won't get any easier. My size 38 pants were getting tight and the last thing I wanted to do is waste ammo money on new clothes. Well, after several weeks of changing the way I eat I have dropped 13 pounds and the size 38 pants are actually pretty loose. Now, I know the first bit of weight is the easiest to drop, so this isn't a victory dance, I still have a long way to go. Started at 234, am now 219. Initial goal is to get under 200. Then I plan to push for 180. I'm 5'7" and 180 is what I was when I got married.

Here's my question, I plan to start hiking and running some, I would like to set a goal of doing one of those Tough Mudder, or Spartan Race style runs. I know there are others that come around, but I don't know their names. If any of yall know when one of these types of events will be in the area, let me know please. Also, whats the best way to train for one? Due to a couple of knee issues I am trying not to run a whole lot, at least not until I drop more weight.

Any advice, suggestions or anything else would be great. Like the title says, this isn't about being skinny, or looking good so much as it is about hitting 30, and then 40 and still being able to chase my kids around the yard, and hike into the mountains with them. I excused myself in the past because I wasn't "obese" but I'm darn sure not fit. Fit is the goal.

Thanks.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

www.okrunngun.com

You make it sound hard. It's not, really. Should be a relaxing, enjoyable time for all. Think of it as a trip to the health spa with shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom