To pee or not to pee?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fid

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm planning on spending all day in the stand tomorrow bowhunting. What are your urine strategies? Seriously, do you pee in a bottle or does it really matter? Thanks.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I.P. Freely.

I'm in the camp that deer do not associate human urine with danger, if they can even distinguish it from other urine. I've been busted a gajillion times by deer smelling me, but never by a deer smelling wee.

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool thread. This will save me some messes and frustration as a 16.9oz empty water bottle often fills up very fast and is not quite enough for the average tree stand leak.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pee wherever, including from the stand. Hasn't seem to matter. Had a buddy once who walked way out in a grass field away from his stand to pee then got back in it. A herd of does came across the field a few minutes later and one of the does layed down and rolled in his pee. They never seemed bothered. I have had deer jump 10 ft backwards though when they walk up to a stick that I handles and stuck in the ground as a yardage marker. They definitely smelled human on that stick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom