UFC banning hunting, firearm & knife sponsors.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody else hear this? I just have bits & pieces so far but if it is what it seems I am going to have to boycott my favorite sport & thing to watch on tv. And that REALLY bums me out.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must be the only one that HATES the UFC. While I do like the sport I really hate how its controlled by 1 man. I had read an article somewhere about how little the UFC pays some of the big named fighters. I do understand that they make a lot of money off sponsors, but I think that Dana White could pay his employees a little better especially with how much the company is growing.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No more "The Gun Store" but patches on the fighters!!!!!
I know! Chris Irwin has supported fighters for a LONG time. If this really happens it is a HUGE slap in the face to some of those sponsors that have been around for the long haul. And not just the Gun Store; Benchmade, ammotogo, DPMS, etc.

So the manliest sport is banning the manliest sponsors?
That's my thoughts. Whoe exactly do they think is watching fights. Is there some suit somewhere over at FOX that genuinely thought - I'll bet ours fans watching two guys fight are offended by those gun and knife ads on the fighter's banner or shorts????

I must be the only one that HATES the UFC. While I do like the sport I really hate how its controlled by 1 man. I had read an article somewhere about how little the UFC pays some of the big named fighters. I do understand that they make a lot of money off sponsors, but I think that Dana White could pay his employees a little better especially with how much the company is growing.
You aren't the only one, but a lot of people insist that NCAA basketball is superior to NBA... some people will always hate the folks at the top of the heap. As a side note - the fighters aren't complaining, their pay has increased dramatically in the recent past and it's growing all the time.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

NO QUESTION. The UFC had no problem at all with these sponsors until the network got involved. Your source above is where I heard the news - I listen to the mmajunkie radio show and I heard the interview with Chris that they site in the article above. Those guys made a good point about FOX getting involved too - we can watch Jack Bauer shoot up the whole stinking world... but a Daniel Defense logo on a fighter's shorts - Oh no, that's crossing a line.

stuart646

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can not believe they would cut their own throats this way but I will sure get their attention on twitter! I will make it known just how stupid they are for it. Sometimes the best way to deal with things like this is public humiliation!

Latest posts

Top Bottom