Wagoner County Sheriff Statement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the time comes, it won't be confiscating weapons. It'll be disarming criminals. The police will be eager to bust your law breaking behind. Superiors and politicians will give them medals and tell them what a great job they've done for their communities.

They'll just make what you're doing a felony. How many of you believe felons should have guns?

I believe ex-felons should have guns.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Comments of this thread reminds me of an event when I had to go to the Wagoner County Court House last summer to take care of a property tax issue.

I unloaded my pockets of firearms and my flat 3in SS pocket knife while in the parking lot.

I walked in the Court House door and a gentleman standing at the metal detector says "Hello, do you have any firearms or knives?"

I was removing my keys, reading glasses, pen, loose change etc, and stated "No"

He stated "Do you live in Wagoner County?"

I thought that to be an odd question. I stated "Yes I do"

He stated with a stone cold face "You live in Wagoner County and you do not have any firearms or knives?"

I again stated "No". Thinking what's the deal, it is a County Court House. I rechecked my pocket just to make sure, thinking, did I forget to remove something and possibility he is trying to help me out, or what?

I think he saw me fumbling around. He stated "If you live in Wagoner County you need to have at least one firearm, and it does not hurt to have a knife for a backup." He then paused with a glaring look " It is not normal to live in Wagoner County without firearms and knives."

I stated, "Yes Sir, I do not have any on me personally only because I am entering a gun free and pocket knife free zone. I do feel naked."

He stated "I know what you mean. Here are your belongings, I suggest you keep your Bic pen accessible. I hope you do not have to spend too much time here. Have a good day."

I said, "Thanks." Gathered my keys and stuff and walked on in.

I did my business and got out of there.

I guess he was just having fun enjoying his job. I was trying to be on guard to obey the law to stay out of trouble.

tbirch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Comments of this thread reminds me of an event when I had to go to the Wagoner County Court House last summer to take care of a property tax issue.

I unloaded my pockets of firearms and my flat 3in SS pocket knife while in the parking lot.

I walked in the Court House door and a gentleman standing at the metal detector says "Hello, do you have any firearms or knives?"

He stated with a stone cold face "You live in Wagoner County and you do not have any firearms or knives?"

I again stated "No". Thinking what's the deal, it is a County Court House. I rechecked my pocket just to make sure, thinking, did I forget to remove something and possibility he is trying to help me out, or what?

I think he saw me fumbling around. He stated "If you live in Wagoner County you need to have at least one firearm, and it does not hurt to have a knife for a backup." He then paused with a glaring look " It is not normal to live in Wagoner County without firearms and knives."

I stated, "Yes Sir, I do not have any on me personally only because I am entering a gun free and pocket knife free zone. I do feel naked."

He stated "I know what you mean. Here are your belongings, I suggest you keep your Bic pen accessible. I hope you do not have to spend too much time here. Have a good day."

I guess he was just having fun enjoying his job. I was trying to be on guard to obey the law to stay out of trouble.

That place can be different for sure.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The last time I went in there I set the alarm off. I had a fairly heavy coat on that could of hid anything. I figured my steel toe boots set it off. However, even after setting the alarm off, he told me to go on and didn't want me to try to go through it without setting it off..

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're missing the point here. As the article in the O.P. clearly states, B.O.'s E.O.s Don't have a singel damn thing to do with a county sheriff. How many other things that he isn't expected to do will he not be doing? And, of all the things he won't be doing, will he not do them all with equal energy, dedication and attention to detail that makes him a legend in these parts?

Maybe some other county employees should chime in on how they won't be enforcing any executive orders that never applied to them in the first place? How bout the fellow in animal control, or the old boy that spreads gravel out on route 9? Will they join the sheriff in not doing what nobody expected them to do to begin with?

They could form a whole posse of county employees.

Many years hence they could regail their grand kids with tales about how anything they didn't not do, wasn't worth not doing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom