What’s up with Wewoka ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a gang war between the Indian Brotherhood (aka IBH) and some local punks that associate and call themselves crips (Cowards Run In PackS). The so called crips should probably stand down before they get their asses handed to them by the IBH.

It's pitiful. Both of my daughters are school teachers there and they tell me some absolute terrible stories of going ons there in that little community.

I worked the streets of Wewoka back in the early/mid 90s and it was gang infested then. We got it cleaned up and it stayed that way for a good long while, but looks like it's starting back.
What I don’t understand is all the secrecy or slow to come out with what’s happening. Moving the game and at home schooling without a word as to why from the very beginning. Are they afraid the fact that they have a gang problem would cost them tourism dollars? Folks planning vacations elsewhere? Makes me think there’s more to it

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I don’t understand is all the secrecy or slow to come out with what’s happening. Moving the game and at home schooling without a word as to why from the very beginning. Are they afraid the fact that they have a gang problem would cost them tourism dollars? Folks planning vacations elsewhere?

I dunno. Just embarrassment I suppose. :anyone:

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wewoka has always had crime problems, I grew up in Seminole and can remember us having stuff thrown at our bus and being threatened after football games over there. Seminole has started to decline also which is sad to see I always used to think it was a nice town. Hopefully law enforcement will get a handle on the problem groups and get things somewhat back under control.

Latest posts

Top Bottom