What’s up with Wewoka ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanna know why this guys yard isnt considered within city limits, lol.

View attachment 424319

Unincorporated? That would not be unusual; there are pockets of unincorporated land throughout the municipalities in Tulsa County, for example. The residents can get together and present a petition not to be incorporated if a municipality announces a plan to expand its boundaries.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember the first year I taught public school (VoTech). Had a student from Wewoka who played football there. He invited me to come watch him play which I did. I got there early to make sure I got a good seat. I plopped down on I think the 40 yard line. As the game got started I noticed first hand the segregation in Wewoka. Everyone to my left was white folx. Everyone to my right was non-white. Like an exact straight line top to bottom.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember the first year I taught public school (VoTech). Had a student from Wewoka who played football there. He invited me to come watch him play which I did. I got there early to make sure I got a good seat. I plopped down on I think the 40 yard line. As the game got started I noticed first hand the segregation in Wewoka. Everyone to my left was white folx. Everyone to my right was non-white. Like an exact straight line top to bottom.
Which is the 60% and which is the 40%? Asking for a friend

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mostly white folx.
For the record I never felt uncomfortable. Everyone was friendly and polite.That was probably mid 90s.

That's because the thugs didn't go to the game. They grouped up at E-Z Mart to throw rocks, bricks and beer bottles at the visitor bus as it left after the game.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's because the thugs didn't go to the game. They grouped up at E-Z Mart to throw rocks, bricks and beer bottles at the visitor bus as it left after the game.
Yep I remember coach saying to roll the bus windows up as we were leaving the stadium to head back to Seminole and not 5 seconds after a glass bottle shattered against the side of our bus. Think that was my senior year season back in 2005.

Latest posts

Top Bottom