What Diesel Truck Would You Buy For $35k?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another one of the opinionated things. I'm a powerstroke guy myself, like the duramax too. Never been a dodge fan, and can't stomach the sound of a cummins. I really don't think you could truly go wrong with any, whichever you like the most, I'd go with it. Even if it costs more, if you settle because you wanted to save money, you'll never be happy, or at least you'll always wonder.
If you are thinking new, I worked at Reynolds on NW Xpressway for a while, I can get you straight to the GSM so you don't have to deal with salesman. He's a great guy, and just wants to move trucks.
Good luck either way!
thanks man but its against my religion to buy a new vehicle off the lot. one of the major things ruling the fords out for me right now is that they seem to be more reliable than the 6.0 or 6.4 but still the least reliable of the group. Plus if/when something does break I dont think I can work on it as easy as I could the cummins.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks man but its against my religion to buy a new vehicle off the lot. one of the major things ruling the fords out for me right now is that they seem to be more reliable than the 6.0 or 6.4 but still the least reliable of the group. Plus if/when something does break I dont think I can work on it as easy as I could the cummins.
I’ve talked to several repair shops in the area here and they all say the 6.7 Ford is the most reliable and by a good margin.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It'll absolutely handle a load like that "once in a while".

Half ton truck with a tow limit less than total weight of the skid steer and trailer!! Wont handle it with out putting others on the road in danger!! Brakes will be over taxed as will the suspension! If you want to put someone else's life in danger "once in a while" that is on you!!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Half ton truck with a tow limit less than total weight of the skid steer and trailer!! Wont handle it with out putting others on the road in danger!! Brakes will be over taxed as will the suspension! If you want to put someone else's life in danger "once in a while" that is on you!!
Agreed, knew a guy who pulled a skid loader with a ford ranger without trailer brakes. Saw many a time where he was nearly creaming someone else while trying to stop. The starting is bad enough as it's a lot harder on the drivetrain but stopping can be "Killer."

Latest posts

Top Bottom