What is there to do in the Panhandle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about taking a short trip out to the Panhandle. Other than Black Mesa, what is there there to do out there? Any historic sights, interesting things to do or see? The farthest west I've been in the Salt Plains with the crystal digs.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there isint much out there. I came back through there on my way from colorado. In far far western panhandle i seen some prarie dogs and pronghorn antelope

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than Black Mesa

ai.imgur.com_XTfGG.jpg

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
die, but I don't suggest doing that..... out there you may not have anyone show up to your funeral.

I don't miss that part of the state at all

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I went out there for a few days several years ago. I think we stayed in Canton ( maybe Kanton) in a little cabin. Hiked up the messa and went to the dinosuar footprints another day. We really liked the seclusion of the area. On the drive out there we traveled 63 miles without meeting another car in the panhandle area. The pronghorn were mixed in with the cattle everywhere. I don't know how the cattleguards keep them in? lol

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to Hooker and Beaver and get t-shirts but seriously just stop along the way at the historical markers and look for the small town museums go see the sod house there are so many small history places in Oklahoma that get overlooked because everyone goes to the big mainstream stuff.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
die, but I don't suggest doing that..... out there you may not have anyone show up to your funeral.

I don't miss that part of the state at all

You said it. The panhandle is the worst part of the trip to Colorado. Wind, dirt, tumble weeds, grass burs, heat, and more wind and dirt. If you want scenery, you need to go east. I grew up in westarn Oklahoma, I could never go back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom