What rubber are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Running the stock BFG AT KO's on my truck. They are great on dry pavement and did well in dirt and sand. They're absolutely horrible on wet pavement. I lightly get on the gas and they spin badly from a stop or sharp turn. Based on that, I'm looking to switch to Goodyear Duratracs...only after I wear out the stock tires. I keep them at the recommended 44 psi and do regular rotations every 5000 miles. Size is LT315-70-17 in case that provides a point of reference.

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I love BFG tires, that juice just doesn't seem worth the squeeze anymore... Switched to Hankook a few years ago when 20" tires were still ungodly expensive. Ended up with superb wet/dry performance, quiet soft ride, and 60k on a set of gen 1 Ventus RS3's. Put 130k miles on two sets before selling the truck. Currently running Dynapro ATM's, loving them. Finally converted my father away from the overrated/hard/loud Michelin's. Also had a ton of luck with the Dynapro MT's on the jeep. Averaged $130/tire and still averaging 55k per set.

I too have had great luck out of the Hankook tires. I was running them on my 07 Duramax when I was contract pumping out of it and got 50,000 miles out of them. I put a set of Goodyear Wranglers on my 06 Duramax and was lucky to get 25,000 miles out of the back set. They would not last on the rough and rocky roads I was driving on.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BFG AT's will wear like iron, I like them for that. They are not great at any task but they are good at everything. What they dont do well in is mainly anything real muddy or pavement when real wet. This is a set of tires that will last longer than most others you compare them too.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It would be helpful if the following were mentioned in each post in these triannual tire threads.
1. What vehicle you're driving. (If you're driving a Ranger, Jeep, Tacoma, etc. every tire make lasts forever on those, they don't weigh anything)
2. What you drive it on. (street, gravel, sand, mix of all, etc.)
Many have mentioned what their particular tire does good with and those things that it does poorly with, great info. Not trying to be the "tire nazi", just would like to compare apples to apples.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be helpful if the following were mentioned in each post in these triannual tire threads.
1. What vehicle you're driving. (If you're driving a Ranger, Jeep, Tacoma, etc. every tire make lasts forever on those, they don't weigh anything)
2. What you drive it on. (street, gravel, sand, mix of all, etc.)

Earlier in the thread, I recommended the Michelin LTX MS2 based on its performance since 1985 on multiple SUV platforms. This tire was known by other titles across those years but the performance and length of service has been fairly consistent.

Now for the requested answers:

1. 1985-95: Full-size 1982 Chevy Blazer/K5; 1995-2007: 1994 Isuzu Trooper; 2007-current: 2006 Nissan XTerra

2. Usage has been fairly consistent across the years with pavement, ice, snow, rain, mud, gravel exposures.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 51k on my Nitto Terra Grapplers 325/60 18 and the siping is still showing. Quiet and smooth for a moderately aggressive tire. I'm getting ready to order 4 more.

These are on a nissan titan 4x4 with a slight lift driven moslty in town (Tulsa) but also some decent off road adventures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom