Whatever happened to the hearing protection act?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to be a few on here wanting people to stand up and do something about it, skirmish here, skirmish there, patriots fight back, etc.

Timothy McVay had enough, he stood up and made a strike against a tyrannical government (I'm guessing his thoughts); what did it accomplish?

I don't condone what he did, but that's what it looks like. People getting killed, probably some innocents.
Exactly what do people mean when they say it's time to stand up and do something?

I can go along with some kind of march, or general strike day, for whatever conservative cause is in the news.

I feel the frustration, see the loss of a culture of personal responsibility, personal giving to worthy causes, and values I hold dear, and I don't have the slightest idea what to do about it.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who are thinking it's time to take some sort of revolutionary action, ask yourself this question: if the politicians you despise were to drop dead tomorrow, who would be elected to replace them?

If the answer is "someone very similar," then revolutionary action isn't warranted. The system is still working--the people are getting what they're asking for. They may have lousy ideas, but as long as the politicians are still standing for re-election, shooting the bastards won't do a damned bit of good.

It's not a political war, it's a cultural war, and those are fought with words and ideas, not bullets and bombs.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Timothy McVay had enough, he stood up and made a strike against a tyrannical government (I'm guessing his thoughts); what did it accomplish?

I don't condone what he did, but that's what it looks like. People getting killed, probably some innocents.
"Probably?" That's not even funny.

The nutjob killed 168 people, including nineteen children. :saywhat:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've said it before, many times....

This country could do with a little hardship.
There are those that grew up with a lot of hardship, and know that education, hard work and some common sense will take one from the middle of the pack to leading the pack of a good life. I kind of think you have been there along with some of the rest of us.
We don't need some twit telling us that .gov is our saviour.

But, we digress from the OP. The hearing protection act is dead. No way in hell will it ever pass. It was killed by a school shooting and will never be revived.
I may be wrong, but this PAC is a haven for those looking for a handout from gun owners to keep their cushy position alive.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to be a few on here wanting people to stand up and do something about it, skirmish here, skirmish there, patriots fight back, etc.

I don't condone what he did, but that's what it looks like. .
He reacted to the Waco Branch Davidian massacre of women and children by the government burning them alive thinking the rest of the country agreed with his methods to bomb women and children in retribution.
Sick Bastard.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Probably?" That's not even funny.

The nutjob killed 168 people, including nineteen children. :saywhat:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

I know that, I was referring to the wannabe stand-up-and-fight-the-power possibilities that some seem to be promoting.

That's my point. What do people think of him? Nutjob. Not a patriot that stood up to a tyrannical government. Oh, there are probably a few that think he did right, but not many.
He killed innocent people. So, what are all the tough guys here on this forum gonna do when the 40 year old cop with a wife and kids, or the 20 year old National Guard soldier, come to their door and say "I'm sorry sir, but I need to search your house for weapons."
It could happen, NOW, under some of the red flag laws.

The guy that recently stood up to the cops when they came to get his guns under a red flag law; he's dead now, and it didn't trigger a righteous revolt that I've heard of.

It's easy to look back and think the founding fathers got together by a crackling fire and planned a righteous revolt and it worked out great.
Like most wars, there were plenty of people that didn't want it.

I'm not saying there won't be a tipping event that pushes everything over the edge, but I think it's more likely to be a baby-step kinda thing.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that, I was referring to the wannabe stand-up-and-fight-the-power possibilities that some seem to be promoting.

That's my point. What do people think of him? Nutjob. Not a patriot that stood up to a tyrannical government. Oh, there are probably a few that think he did right, but not many.
He killed innocent people. So, what are all the tough guys here on this forum gonna do when the 40 year old cop with a wife and kids, or the 20 year old National Guard soldier, come to their door and say "I'm sorry sir, but I need to search your house for weapons."

The guy that recently stood up to the cops when they came to get his guns under a red flag law; he's dead now, and it didn't trigger a righteous revolt that I've heard of.

It's easy to look back and think the founding fathers got together by a crackling fire and planned a righteous revolt and it worked out great.

I'm not saying there won't be a tipping event that pushes everything over the edge, but I think it's more likely to be a baby-step kinda thing.
<sigh> ... Sadly, I agree with ya. :/

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’m not a wanna be anything. And I am nothing like Timothy McVeigh. He wasn’t bombing a government building to fight for his rights. He was anti government. I’m not. I am just anti tyrannical government. Big difference. I am sick of watching our country get ripped apart by people that hate it. I’m also tired of seeing our constitution and Bill of Rights get pissed on. When I talk about us standing together to fight this tyranny I ain’t talking about bombing government buildings with innocent people in them. I have never even hinted at such. I have never even uttered a threat towards anyone. But if the time comes where us citizens come together to say enough I will be right there ready to fight for this country and our constitution I will be right there ready to fight. Will it be easy? No. Will I want to die? Of course not. But I would rather die fighting for this great nation rather than to do nothing and be a slave. Thomas Jefferson said it best. “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery”. Also, about your comment of a 40 year old cop with a wife and kids coming to my house wanting to take my guns because of red flag laws.. Or a 20 year old guardsman doing the same. If they are doing that then they are enemies of this country and the constitution and have broken their oaths they swore to uphold. Also about the founders and most people not wanting a war. Your right. Most didn’t. Most wanted to just live under a tyrant king and have no rights rather than have to sacrifice something to possibly have freedom. But thankfully there were enough people that were fed up living as a slave of England to fight so we could have this great nation of ours. Now our country is full of a bunch of wimps that aren’t willing to lift a finger. We have all had it too good and have never had to go through hardship. Maybe that’s what we need like someone else said. Let people see how bad it can be and maybe then they will appreciate what we have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom