What's a good new 25 hp tractor package for the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed Load-N-Go ramps on the 60" mower deck. This entire system is really a work-saver. Taking off the deck and putting it on literally takes maybe 1 or 2 mins. The hardest part is making sure you're lined up properly.

You can use the loader to pick up the deck for cleaning, maintenance, moving into storage for the winter...whatever you need. My next project will be to fabricate a storage dolly for the mower deck so I can move it around the shop.

If you're looking for a very versatile and capable tractor I'd highly recommend a 1025R unless you just need something bigger. I'm finding it's kinda becoming my "go-to" tractor for most chores around the place.

Load N Go 1.jpg
Load N Go 5.jpg

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed Load-N-Go ramps on the 60" mower deck. This entire system is really a work-saver. Taking off the deck and putting it on literally takes maybe 1 or 2 mins. The hardest part is making sure you're lined up properly.

You can use the loader to pick up the deck for cleaning, maintenance, moving into storage for the winter...whatever you need. My next project will be to fabricate a storage dolly for the mower deck so I can move it around the shop.

If you're looking for a very versatile and capable tractor I'd highly recommend a 1025R unless you just need something bigger. I'm finding it's kinda becoming my "go-to" tractor for most chores around the place.

View attachment 485885View attachment 485886
How well does it mowe?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can do in a third of the time it took me to do with my other mower. And it's a lot more comfortable. The only downside is it's not as maneuverable because it's obviously bigger than a riding mower.
Is the loader easy to remove? I ask because I'm considering replacing my zero turn, but a new comparable entry level commercial mower is $8-12k.

I'm also looking at offset flail mowers. Half the cost of a new mower and can mowe my road front ditches and my pond dam while also mowing most of my property. I could keep the ztr for the area immediately around the house.

I have a JD 4044m but it too heavy for yard work and I can see a lot of advantages to the smaller tractor.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had the hay cut several days ago and it was time to clean up the fence line. The johnson grass was tall and thick. I wanted to really push the mower deck on the 1025R but apparently it's gonna take more than this... There were a few stems and such in a couple of places that needed another going over but I was pretty impressed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom