Where did you buy your first gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first actual purchase of a firearm was from a local pawn shop in Ark City, KS, a Remington Viper .22 for $100. That was back in 1997. Owned it a year and traded it for a Marlin model 25, which I still have and is one of my favorites to shoot.

I had a couple of guns before then, given to me as gifts for hunting. A .303 British rifle (customized), and a 20 guage shotgun, I still have both of those.

crappie josh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my 1st gun at H&H it was a full size M&P .45 think I paid 550.00 for it like 4 or 5 years ago and ended up selling it just here in the last 6 months for 500.00 and bought a Kahr P9 with a blackened slide
but my very first gun was a marlin .22LR and dad gave it to me for Christmas a long time ago not sure when :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not buy my first gun. My dad gave it to me. Model 6 Remington, made in 1920 something. Still have it. Looks like this one:

picturearchive.gunauction.com_746193505_8829620_acfb3b3.jpg

First gun that I bought was from Sam Fillipo (Sam's Pawn on NW 16th and Portland). It was a F.I.E. import 22 single action. I think it was $50. I shot a bazillion rounds out of it. Traded it off for something or other. I later bought many a gun from Sam. He's a great guy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Army Surplus (McVay Outfitters now) in Ponca When I was 11 yrs old. My dad had to buy it with money from my savings account.
Mowed lawns all summer. My folks made me put 1/2 of my money into a savings account.
I finally got $20 built up, and bought the H&R single shot .410 that I still have today.
Just in case your wondering, mowing a yard in my day payed $2.50. My grandparents paid $6 for a double lot. Took awhile to accumulate $20.

Fortunatly, things are better now. :D

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad gave me a Marlin Model 60 for christmas when I was 11 I think. He gave me a Savage 110 in 30-06 when I was Sixteen. The first one I bought was a grey frame Sigma 40VE. I bought it off a guy I worked with the week I turned 18 in the summer of 97. Still have all of them. The Marlin gets shot more than any of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom