Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufo_cop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I applied online and finished the paperwork at Cleveland Co. on 3/8... got an email on 4/11 saying it was in process and haven't heard anything yet.

I just bought a Ruger 22/45 for plinking today and was delayed. That also happened when I got my Shield .40 last summer, but it only seems to be when I buy something from H&H. I've purchased several other guns since then and never had a delay until the purchase today. Can't figure out why it has only happened there, though. Hopefully it won't cause any problems with the SDA license process, though.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I applied online and finished the paperwork at Cleveland Co. on 3/8... got an email on 4/11 saying it was in process and haven't heard anything yet.

I just bought a Ruger 22/45 for plinking today and was delayed. That also happened when I got my Shield .40 last summer, but it only seems to be when I buy something from H&H. I've purchased several other guns since then and never had a delay until the purchase today. Can't figure out why it has only happened there, though. Hopefully it won't cause any problems with the SDA license process, though.

Ever find out what caused the delay? Be good to know in case it's something the OSBI might use to deny your SDA.

ufo_cop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever find out what caused the delay? Be good to know in case it's something the OSBI might use to deny your SDA.
Nah, they don't ever tell you. From what I've been told, it could range from an information error all the way to a bird sitting on a phone line somewhere as the NICS system goes down frequently. It alarmed me the first time it happened when I bought the Shield, but delays aren't bad unless they come back with a denial. The only thing my two delays have in common is that both times were handgun purchases and it was at H&H both times. I'll just have to wait until Saturday and then I can go play with it out at Banner gun range :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom