Who makes the best washer and dryer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went through this two years ago. I researched until I saw washers and dryers during my blinks. We settled on the Whirlpool Cabrio series, the thing sounded amazing and I just knew we made the right choice until I looked at the clothes that came out of it....TERRIBLE! It sounds and looks great but did an awful job at cleaning. So we went back to the store and told them we hated the thing and wanted something else. The sales guy said no problem. Then I pointed at several Whirlpool Cabrio's sitting on the sales floor wrapped in plastic and I asked him "seriously, tell me the truth, are those customer returns?" He looked around and whispered that they were and that they had several more in the back. He also said he wished they would stop selling them because he was tired of dealing with irrate customers bringing them back. Long story short, we bought a set of Bosch front loaders (my first time with these since I've always heard that front loaders are terrible) and despite what I had heard about front loaders these things are fantastic! Cleans clothes VERY well and so much easier to work with than the top loaders I've used all my life. Consider the Bosch...I love them.

V@rmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't buy Fisher and Paykel. I'm not sure anybody sells them anymore, but we have a pair and the dryer is the biggest piece of junk since my wife's Pontiac Phoenix.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LG and Samsung are consistently the best rated, I got a matching Samsung washer/dryer front load pair that has every thing but steam, and it is the best washer/dryer I have ever had. Quiet as heck, washes and dries VERY WELL, and even plays a nice little ditty for me when done. I think I paid around 18388.7200 pesos ($1400 dollars) for them and it was worth every cent.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I was deployed to the sandbox, lots of different machines in the laundry tents. The Maytags always worked - everything else seemed to break down from the heat, sand, and abuse. Bought a pair for my house and in 12+ years, not a single problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom