'Woke and perverted': Republican lawmaker wants University of Okla. president fired over school-funded drag show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate being that old guy who wonders stuff, but where is the educational or entertainment value for the majority in any of these events? Why are they spending the kind of money it takes to put these events on instead of lowering the cost of someone to go to school. My daughter wants to go there and it scares me to death. We talk regularly about learning and the different ways you are taught things now. I say to her, listen to everything and you decide what makes since based on the facts, never on someone else's ideals. It's ok to love everyone but understand how that works. It's ok to love one another and not like their lifestyle. Maybe normal has never existed, but this is BS.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Though I’m totally against the deal, I’m not necessarily sure that it merits firing. I’m not a sports fan, so in my opinion, the same argument can be made about money that goes into the school’s sports programs. I just as soon they use that money for Alzheimer’s and cancer research.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s college. Plenty of other events going on that don’t benefit your education. One drag show is bad but the little concert Chance the Rapper out on is okay? You’re pretty much guaranteed to be an adult to attend college so what’s the big deal?
Guess what, I went to college, I self funded nights at the bar, keggers, strip clubs, cars and dates. That's (correct me if I'm wrong about this) 2 years of tuition that could change someone's life for the better that can't afford college. Student's should pay for this crap out of pocket, or raise money to do it as a fraternity or sorority. I don't care that it happens, I do care that they use public dollars to fund it. Students can learn about their sexuality on their own time or in classes.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our tax dollars........my tuition dollars.............
Not our tax dollars, and not your tuition dollars. Your Student Activity Fee dollars, yes, but this, as a student activity, is actually what those fees are supposed to cover.

I'm not condoning this particular "activity," but saying it's tax money or tuition money is misinformed. In the case of the legislator who's calling for President Harroz to be fired, I think it's probably worse than misinformed.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess what, I went to college, I self funded nights at the bar, keggers, strip clubs, cars and dates. That's (correct me if I'm wrong about this) 2 years of tuition that could change someone's life for the better that can't afford college. Student's should pay for this crap out of pocket, or raise money to do it as a fraternity or sorority. I don't care that it happens, I do care that they use public dollars to fund it. Students can learn about their sexuality on their own time or in classes.
It was student activity fees used for…. Student activities. Like movie nights in the Union. Or cultural nights in the dorms. Or even a drag show. It would never have been used for tuition and didn’t come from public funding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom