'Woke and perverted': Republican lawmaker wants University of Okla. president fired over school-funded drag show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not our tax dollars, and not your tuition dollars. Your Student Activity Fee dollars, yes, but this, as a student activity, is actually what those fees are supposed to cover.

I'm not condoning this particular "activity," but saying it's tax money or tuition money is misinformed. In the case of the legislator who's calling for President Harroz to be fired, I think it's probably worse than misinformed.
If the student activity fee is mandatory then what should be done is the next one should be a strip show. All this does is disenfranchise students and separates them further. I do know this, if I was still in college I would be pretty upset. I wouldn't go, not out of homophobia or distaste of trans students, just because it's a show I wouldn't enjoy. Less than 5% of people nationwide are homosexual or have other sexual preferences other than their birth sex would suggest. They are creating a new elite class, billionaires, politicians, intelligentsia and now trans.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not our tax dollars, and not your tuition dollars. Your Student Activity Fee dollars, yes, but this, as a student activity, is actually what those fees are supposed to cover.

I'm not condoning this particular "activity," but saying it's tax money or tuition money is misinformed. In the case of the legislator who's calling for President Harroz to be fired, I think it's probably worse than misinformed.
Okay....money paid by us for student's education......

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was student activity fees used for…. Student activities. Like movie nights in the Union. Or cultural nights in the dorms. Or even a drag show. It would never have been used for tuition and didn’t come from public funding.
student activities fee used to appease 5% of the population. I guarantee you if it were a wet tshirt contest or traditional strip show this guy would have been fired.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

To me it doesn't matter where the money came from. It could have been spent for something useful.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the student activity fee is mandatory then what should be done is the nest one should be a strip show. All this does is disenfranchise students and separates them further. I do know this, if I was still in college I would be pretty upset. I wouldn't go, not out of homophobia or distaste of trans students, just because it's a show I wouldn't enjoy. Less than 5% of people nationwide are homosexual or have other sexual preferences other than their birth sex would suggest. They are creating a new elite class, billionaires, politicians, intelligentsia and now trans.
The student activities are, generally, not organized by the University, but by the student organizations at the University. The student orgs apply for funding (through the student gov't, as I understand it), then they arrange the events. If a student organization wanted to run a wet t-shirt contest, they could apply for funding.

I doubt they'd get it, but they could apply.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
student activities fee used to appease 5% of the population. I guarantee you if it were a wet tshirt contest or traditional strip show this guy would have been fired.
Sorry you don’t enjoy entertainment. I’m straight and have attended drag shows. It’s a performance. Even if it’s someone crossdressing, it’s just a performance. Most of the time it’s like watching a concert with them performing to a song. Do you also complain if it’s an event for Chinese New Year since you’re not Chinese or wouldn’t participate?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry you don’t enjoy entertainment. I’m straight and have attended drag shows. It’s a performance. Even if it’s someone crossdressing, it’s just a performance. Most of the time it’s like watching a concert with them performing to a song. Do you also complain if it’s an event for Chinese New Year since you’re not Chinese or wouldn’t participate?
Just because I do not care for drag shows doesn't mean that I do not enjoy other events (feeble attempt at calling me a prude?.) Amazing though that you can't debunk the wet t-shirt contest or traditional strip show. Chinese New Year or other holidays like Cinco De Mayo have a broader appeal to everyone regardless of sexual proclivities and politics. As for Strip clubs I have seen heterosexual women enjoy them, and if you enjoy a drag show go. Doesn't effect me either way. What does though is we have social norms and societal norms, that when broken down do chip away at the morality and ethics of people in general. There are reasons why people under 21 are not permitted into strip clubs, but we are bending the rules to pay homage to less than 5% of the population.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was student activity fees used for…. Student activities. Like movie nights in the Union. Or cultural nights in the dorms. Or even a drag show. It would never have been used for tuition and didn’t come from public funding.

Public funding sure as heyall built the McCasland field house, where it was held. Sorry but this is bullchit, if a frat held a stripping event there everyone would be up in arms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom