WTH… can people be really this stupid? It’s got to be a joke🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Home phone on a party line with two old women who talk constantly and only speak Czech, tying up the line between you and the outside world should be the only allowed standard phone all teenagers must use

Honestly though, when I was a teenager I was never at home. I was either at school, work, hanging out with friends, or at work with my dad. 🤷

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming that this isn’t a put-on, that’s not a stupid person in the video, it’s just someone who has as much experience with obsolete telephone technology as most of you do with driving a Model T (OMG! Manual spark advance and retard! How do you work this thing!?) or plowing behind a mule. The only place most people would see corded phones at all these days would be in a work situation, which is probably not where you’d expect to find a young lady who’s nannying.

About ten years ago, I had to show a young lady how to send a fax for the boss. She was a very smart young lady, but she had basically been raised on cell phones and had never used a fax, so she didn’t know about dialing 8 to get an outside line or dialing 1 for long distance. It’s just something that was never as part of her life before that day, and I’d guess that it hasn’t been since.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had temp agency send over an EXPERIENCED secretary / receptionist.

I was setting up her computer, had to go purchase some supplies. When I got back, she tells me she had finished hooking it up, but nothing was working. She had plugged everything in on the surge protector / power strip, including the power strip.

The next morning, gave her a parts inventory, showing her the online catalog to order from. She called me that the credit card reader was reading the credit card. She was putting the CC into the disk drive.

She informed me that she was almost out of printer paper. Told her to get some from the copy machine. She took a page from the printer and made 75 copies of it.

She was terminated 2 days later, President of the Company came in and she was playing Solitaire on the computer. Didn't stop playing until he told her she was fired. She told him he couldn't fire her.

The OP? Never seen an old TV show or movie? Sorely lacking in education.
My grandkids range from 11 to 25 yo. They know what a landline is.

Dumb, uneducated, unfamiliar can muddy the waters or just be semantics; depending on the situation.
Occasionally-Coherrent suggesting a rocket to the Sun to turn the heat down to combat global warming AND having to go at night, because it's hot; is DUMB.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like most social media, that video was obviously made up for reactions/likes/whatever.

BUT the worst part about this is that this sorta thing does happen. I run across a lot of kids in college right now who are severely lacking in life skills. Some are ok, but some are clueless. The education of that generation falls upon Americans 50-80 years of age right now. Or that generations kids. Which means somewhere in those two generations, someone failed to teach someone life skills, common sense, or self sufficiency. It’s not the governments fault, or the useless school systems fault, or because of 5g waves. It starts at home.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like most social media, that video was obviously made up for reactions/likes/whatever.

BUT the worst part about this is that this sorta thing does happen. I run across a lot of kids in college right now who are severely lacking in life skills. Some are ok, but some are clueless. The education of that generation falls upon Americans 50-80 years of age right now. Or that generations kids. Which means somewhere in those two generations, someone failed to teach someone life skills, common sense, or self sufficiency. It’s not the governments fault, or the useless school systems fault, or because of 5g waves. It starts at home.
It is the government's fault because the NEA provides the curriculum for all the government school systems. We are now going on two maybe three generations of public school idiots when it comes to life lessons, critical thinking and common sense.

Obituary

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend by the name of Common Sense who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valued lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student only worsened his condition. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, spilled it in her lap, and was awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by two stepbrothers; My Rights and Ima Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the snack bar where I used to work. A student came in to buy muffins for his class. They were $1 each and he told the cashier he needed 8. The cashier counted on her fingers to 8 and then entered 8 into the register. And she wasn't trying to be funny, although it was.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming that this isn’t a put-on, that’s not a stupid person in the video, it’s just someone who has as much experience with obsolete telephone technology as most of you do with driving a Model T (OMG! Manual spark advance and retard! How do you work this thing!?) or plowing behind a mule. The only place most people would see corded phones at all these days would be in a work situation, which is probably not where you’d expect to find a young lady who’s nannying.

About ten years ago, I had to show a young lady how to send a fax for the boss. She was a very smart young lady, but she had basically been raised on cell phones and had never used a fax, so she didn’t know about dialing 8 to get an outside line or dialing 1 for long distance. It’s just something that was never as part of her life before that day, and I’d guess that it hasn’t been since.

My assumption that it is a put-on is because I think that even in today's new homes, they are still wiring in phone jacks, even though more and more people have given them up for cell phones. Surely the young lady in the OP has at least seen a phone jack.

I wouldn't swear by it, but I'd almost bet that our RV fifth wheel has a phone jack somewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom