Alone vacation suggestions? Dang, this sucks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What you need is a hot, short term rebound relationship with a dysfunctional girlfriend. Better if she's Bipolar or has a bunch of "baggage". Ride the relationship while its hot and inebriated, then get out before you end up on the cover of Jailbirds. Restraining orders help. Aren't you an E Med guy? If so, there's never been a shortage of crazy Nurses that'll throw their anatomy at a Doc.

With that under your belt and spring approaching, your mind will be clear of the stinky thoughts that are dragging you down. You'll think and make decisions like a free man and will likely attract healthier women into your life.

ranchking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to concentrate on what you do have (JOB and MONEY) , sense of humor, conversation skills, and ability to listen. Use what you know... Diving...... Call a few of the dive shops in your area and inquire about any group trips they are planning. Dont worry about hooking up, just make friends, have fun and you will meet lots of ladies that will enjoy your company. Stay positive and be confident!

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The gym membership is a must. It will fire off those endorphins and fight your depression, and make you feel better and more confident. I'm still a fat ass, but I have lost over 90 lbs and reshaped just a bit. Had to get rid of some clothes that were too big. Never thought I would say that again. I feel an absolute ton better (no pun intended), and I am motivated to do more.

If you decide you want a little "fun," go some place like Vegas or even Dallas.

Don't settle for some gal just because she is cute, or a good roll in the hay, if she presents with a ton of drama. You don't need drama. No one does.

For a vacation, there are a lot of cool things to do, from hitting the big city to going to a monastery and working. When I was single and travelled, I'd always hit a high end sushi bar. You meet some really cool people (like me in an ascot ha ha).

Main thing is do your dead level best to maintain a positive outlook. Don't talk about your ex if you meet a new gal.

I'm saying a prayer for you that you come out of this long, dark, miserable tunnel a better, happier person. Just remember, no matter how miserable you are, you'll get passed this situation.

So saith Uncle JB.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could go to SHOT in a couple weeks.

:fullauto:

Damn, now THAT'S an IDEA!!!!

Unfortunately, I'll be working then. :violin:

I could finagle a way to get a vendor pass, I'm sure... maybe I could go as the BANG/FBT rep??? lol Nah, I really don't wanna go changing my work schedule.

I think I'll tough it out the next couple of weeks and maybe by the time the end of the month rolls around, I will have made an acquaintance who might want to go somewhere and spend some time relaxing. Supposed to see The Boy next week anyways for an evening, so I don't want to give that up and have him (or her!) feeling like I'm bailing on him to go party the night away.

I do like the short-term, intense relationship idea to help me move on, but I am not going to do that with someone here I work with. And with my schedule, those are the only people I am exposed to. One of the ex-nurses from here told me the other night, "The best way to get over one woman is to get on top of another one!" That was an offer if I'd ever heard one! But her situation is pretty complicated, too, and we're a ways apart.

I do like the idea of blowing through some ammo, or taking one of the advanced shooter classes or something, but if I'm going to go on a trip, I need to save my cash. I make good money, but let's face it, Uncle Sam comes first and my family gets most of the rest of it. I'll live comfortably, but for the time being, not extravagantly by any means. But I should be able to swing a short 3-4 day trip someplace warm for two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom