American Horse Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Doesn't mention any boat info for American Horse on the ODWC app. Just largemouth info, channel and blue limits and rod/reel info.
IIRC, when the water was low, they had the ramp blocked off?

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a great lake for small boats (8'-14'). But there's certainly plenty to fish if you have a larger boat also.

Funny story: Arrived early on a moon-less night/morning. I was waiting for a friend to show up, so I was just boating around the dam, chunking a crank-bait into the complete darkness and fu!cking around. I hooked into what I thought was going to be a huge bass. Fought her for over an hour, in complete darkness. When another fisherman finally showed up, he came over to me with a light, and it was actually a giant carp that I hooked in the tail! Holy hell what a fight that was.

I did it again years later, fishing a tournament on Murray. Hooked a drum in the tail, in about 50 ft. of water, and thought I had the tournament winner on!

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to American Horse Wednesday, fished from about 10:00-12:30, only got one on but lost him at the bank. I think it was a little bass.
Then drove to Lake Elmer; got about a dozen little bluegill and a couple of 12 inch catfish.

Game warden stopped to check my fishing license at Elmer, told him I had a handgun license and I was carrying, he didn't care, checked my fishing license and wished me luck. Nice guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom