Are we simply broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having been drug-free and sober for over 31 years, I can honestly say I hate drunks, and find stoners simply pitiable.

But what I really hate is a sanctimonious ass that believes he should be able to dictate how someone else lives.

It'd sure be fun to watch some folks get some healthy living, no smoking and very vigorous exercise forced on them. Just think how much better society would be...

I don't have an interest in how they live, but I don't want to be held responsible for their poor life choices either. Its 100 % ok with me if they use till their bodies are wrecked and the mind is mush, but don't expect the public to pay for it.

As I said earlier use and lose the ability to ask for benefits from the social safety net

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have an interest in how they live, but I don't want to be held responsible for their poor life choices either. Its 100 % ok with me if they use till their bodies are wrecked and the mind is mush, but don't expect the public to pay for it.

and how are the taxpayers on the hook for the "stoners" again?

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
"and how are the taxpayers on the hook for the "stoners" again?"

Not every illegal drug user is going to be a burden on the system but a hell of lot of "down and outers" are hard core drug users. They place a burden on social services, welfare, emergency medical services. hospital emergency rooms and the like. I don't think you are going to find a lot of clean and sober types hanging out in the homeless camps.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not remember what they are calling it but a lot of small children are getting into their parents stash and eating them. Being taken to the hospital because of ingesting to much, so I call it ODing. They have some other woke name for it to keep from admitting it is in fact OD.

EDIT: I had to go look it up again but there many pieces and warnings like this. Google it yourself.

https://www.childrenscolorado.org/c...toms/conditions/acute-marijuana-intoxication/
And no it is not just the woke mentality making them lazy. While it effects everyone different, I know many people that would rather sit home high then go to work, and most of them did. It may not have done it to you, but it did to my little brother and many more people I knew.
MJ does not necessarily have anything to do with it. I've known quite a few people that would rather sit at home than go to work, and none of them used drugs 🤣🤣

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and how are the taxpayers on the hook for the "stoners" again?
JD8, my wife is a nurse and a majority of their patients are homeless and addicted to meth. While this isn't MJ, it's a big hit to the hospital on costs. They have some that will be in the hospital for a couple of weeks, get out, go right back to the panhandling corner and within a couple of months be right back at the hospital asking for help. Irony is that wife says the homeless/addicts are the most demanding and rudest with expecting care, complaining about the food, asking for more desserts, etc...and even caught friends/family/dealer bringing in meth with the fast food they ordered. Another had family shooting up in the patient's bathroom. And, the taxpayers are footing the bill and it's not small either!

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JD8, my wife is a nurse and a majority of their patients are homeless and addicted to meth. While this isn't MJ, it's a big hit to the hospital on costs. They have some that will be in the hospital for a couple of weeks, get out, go right back to the panhandling corner and within a couple of months be right back at the hospital asking for help. Irony is that wife says the homeless/addicts are the most demanding and rudest with expecting care, complaining about the food, asking for more desserts, etc...and even caught friends/family/dealer bringing in meth with the fast food they ordered. Another had family shooting up in the patient's bathroom. And, the taxpayers are footing the bill and it's not small either!

About 35% of the homeless are chronic substance abusers sprinkle in the mentally ill and well there you go .

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having been drug-free and sober for over 31 years, I can honestly say I hate drunks, and find stoners simply pitiable.

But what I really hate is a sanctimonious ass that believes he should be able to dictate how someone else lives.

It'd sure be fun to watch some folks get some healthy living, no smoking and very vigorous exercise forced on them. Just think how much better society would be...
This is a good idea. I see a treadmill where you insert your snap card. It loads, say, $10 for every hour of jogging completed. I'll bet this immediately cuts 90% off the program budget.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"and how are the taxpayers on the hook for the "stoners" again?"

Not every illegal drug user is going to be a burden on the system but a hell of lot of "down and outers" are hard core drug users. They place a burden on social services, welfare, emergency medical services. hospital emergency rooms and the like. I don't think you are going to find a lot of clean and sober types hanging out in the homeless camps.

Sounds like we, as a society need to quit financing other people's problems.

Let them be "hardcore drug users" - taxpayer dollars being used to stop Darwin awards is ridiculous.

No consequences for actions, whether it's smoking, drinking, obesity or unwanted pregnancy is what's killing us.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can confirm. Refuse tests, treatments. Don’t wake up until 11. Pretend they are asleep, constantly asking for pain meds. They know their hospitalization is free & family/friends often ask for meal cards, gas money, free hotel room while visiting, clothing, etc.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Okruss my wife is a nurse too. Neurotrama ICU. Meth is meth and it sure ain't weed. The gateway drug thing is old fudd think and has been debunked if that's where you're going?

I will say your wife 100% sees what my wife does, with regards to the entitlement.

Point still remains..... how are taxpayers on the hook for "potheads?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom