Are we simply broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look around - if you'd have told me when I was in high school we'd be seeing the crap we see now, I'd have called you crazy.

Get that weed on the grocery store shelves - put heroin and Fentanyl out there too. Let's get this show on the road, and those of us left standing can start over.
I saw no weed at my highschool in 57 no weed when in service from 61 to 65 am sure it was around i did not notice it, but around 66 everything changed.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the wife and I were volunteers and living at a retreat and reunion center in Oregon, the owners of the place worked with a Christian program there locally that was helping addicts with their issues. The addicts had to live in a "communal" house and couldn't have visitors for a period of time while they progressed through their "treatments." Those men would come over to the reunion center as volunteers to do some of the manual labor that I in my early '70's couldn't perform for very long.

I can't remember how many of them were so upfront with the advice to NEVER get onto marijuana. They all really liked coming over to "the ranch" to work because it got them out away from the isolated area where their communal house was located.

I've never even "tried" any of the illicit drugs and I hope my body never gets to a point that I need some of them to control pain. I like being aware of everything around me too much to want to be zoned out.

bcp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Had an uncle who never smoked tobacco, always marijuana. Died of lung cancer a few years back. Same lesson diffrent plant.
I never have smoked tobacco but I believe that the tobacco industry being villainized is wrong while the legalization of smoking marijuana can cause the same lung health issues.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never have smoked tobacco but I believe that the tobacco industry being villainized is wrong while the legalization of smoking marijuana can cause the same lung health issues.
I had three people i worked with over the years, really nice people but all smoked and gave me a ribbing for talking against it, and trying to get them to understand how dangerous it was.

Two had the chance to tell me they should have taken what i was telling them sooner, sadly they all died of lung cancer, everyting was good but lungs were gone.

The other person i lost contact with until i was told he also had died of lung cancer.

Now years ago here in Tulsa when called for jury duty four times, we always were stuck in the basement and there was always a lot of smoke in room, today they have a really nice waiting room and it's no smoking.

Even where i worked i had to deal with smokers, when i got a chest X Ray at the V.A. was shown damage i had received from second hand smoke.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^

By comparison, I smoked cigarettes for around 20 years and a pipe for additional years for a total of 41 years of smoking. Personally, I don't have any lung issues other than an occasional bout with Upper Respiratory Infection. And, those bouts are few and far between.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^

By comparison, I smoked cigarettes for around 20 years and a pipe for additional years for a total of 41 years of smoking. Personally, I don't have any lung issues other than an occasional bout with Upper Respiratory Infection. And, those bouts are few and far between.
Author it’s far more than lungs as it starts with one’s heart and all that he medical issue it develops because of smoking

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^

Good Luck later on the people i worked with were all around 65 when ther lung problems started to show signs of a problem.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess the statement has equal meaning for its author. Second hand smoke , under the influence while driving , sure thing😂
I think there's already laws against that, and drunk driving....am I missing something?

Secondhand smoke? I guess if my wife smoked it might be an issue, but she's smokin', not a smoker.

bcp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I had three people i worked with over the years, really nice people but all smoked and gave me a ribbing for talking against it, and trying to get them to understand how dangerous it was.

Two had the chance to tell me they should have taken what i was telling them sooner, sadly they all died of lung cancer, everyting was good but lungs were gone.

The other person i lost contact with until i was told he also had died of lung cancer.

Now years ago here in Tulsa when called for jury duty four times, we always were stuck in the basement and there was always a lot of smoke in room, today they have a really nice waiting room and it's no smoking.

Even where i worked i had to deal with smokers, when i got a chest X Ray at the V.A. was shown damage i had received from second hand smoke.
I guess I didn't express myself correctly. I wasn't saying tobacco smoking was harmless. But while promoting the dangers of smoking tobacco we are at the same time legalizing the smoking of marijuana which is also harmful to lungs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom