Are we simply broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually yes I would end it for 90% of everyone since you ask the question . Like Hayeck I recognize there are some who through no fault of their own simply can't support themselves . Everyone else needs to be responsible.

The realities are social entitlement programs (and yes that includes Social Security) are never going away. However they should be trimmed and curbed to the bare minimums
Yeppers the good old attorney who swoops in to save the day with disability SS for all those smokers that don’t make quality common sense decisions, all the while depleting our SS fund because of it. Good old Taker mentality sweeping our society

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeppers the good old attorney who swoops in to save the day with disability SS for all those smokers that don’t make quality common sense decisions, all the while depleting our SS fund because of it. Good old Taker mentality sweeping our society
Too fat to work, obesity and diabetes....where would you draw the line?

What are the excluding circumstances YOU would implement to distribute SS?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Arctic Lemming, is a small rodent, that lives in the arctic. They don't do much except, eat, reproduce, and feed Arctic Foxes. Occasionally they get over populated, and mystirously collect in the tens of millions, and march off a cliff!!!! I suspect the human animal is actually decedent form these animals, instead of monkeys?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It d*** sure would NOT include smoking. Over eaters do not effect others other than family. Same with diabetes.
If you're going to a doc for whatever ailment, whether self-promoted or not, and you have insurance, and you're using your insurance, then you're costing someone who's also paying for insurance and is healthy and and never goes to the doc.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A Arctic Lemming, is a small rodent, that lives in the arctic. They don't do much except, eat, reproduce, and feed Arctic Foxes. Occasionally they get over populated, and mystirously collect in the tens of millions, and march off a cliff!!!! I suspect the human animal is actually decedent form these animals, instead of monkeys?
That Disney clip about the lemmings is still misleading folks over sixty years later lol.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're going to a doc for whatever ailment, whether self-promoted or not, and you have insurance, and you're using your insurance, then you're costing someone who's also paying for insurance and is healthy and and never goes to the doc.

Not sure if you understand the difference between a private group insurer and a pubic social entitlement and why one is OK and the other isn't .

Let me break it down for you in abstract terms.

I on my group insurance am not creating a load on the tax payer by paying my premiums and using that care when I need to. Whether or not one of the insured opts to use the coverage they are paying for as a member of that plan is completely moot. No one is being compelled to be a member of the insurance plan and yes that is how private insurance works , the company knows there is a percentage of the insured in the plan who will not use their coverage and there is a percentage who will use it to varying levels. Actuaries game this stuff all the time to figure out how insurance companies are going to make money .

When you sign up on Medicaid or Medicare or one of the subsidized public exchange plans, your care is being paid for by tax payer. I as a tax payer have no option but to end up paying to support Willie Weed Smoker or Mary Methhead when they get on the welfare teat after years of bad life choices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom