Best Chicken Fried Steak in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am torn between Cheevers, Don's alley, and chuck house. I guess they all have thier time and place. Cheevers is good for brunch, dates, and getting presentation and atmosphere with your food. I absolutely love Don's breakfast, probably one of my favorites this side of the U.S. The chuck house's meat quality isn't the best, but it's quick, tasty, and really hits the spot. Used to have one half a mile from my house.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kendall's in Noble (named after one of the daughters of the owner) I worked as a cook there part time for about 5 years. Great people to work for.
Babe's Chicken (Sanger, TX - I know it isn't Oklahoma but if you are in the area stop by there and thank me later)
Chuckhouse in OKC Pretty good, but no where near the best in the Universe
Libby's Diner in Goldsby makes a decent one
Don's Alley in Del City
Cheavers in OKC

I forgot Cheevers....it may be a liberal trendy place, but they got one heck of a CFS! Oh and Del Rancho if I'm in a hurry...

I ate a Cheevers today for lunch and must say it may be the best chicken fry I've ever had. The place was a bit upity with the white table cloth dinning and wied elevator music. I'm not a huge fan of paying $32 for lunch for 2 ($27 some for lunch and $5 tip) but I will likely go back again.

The lunch portion is one steak, dinner portion is two! Oh, and I usually find I need a side of extra gravy

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang you all! I had to read this on a bad weather day when I'm hungry. But I will throw one out, how about KD's in Bricktown i had one there and it was gooooood!!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy cow! (Holy Chicken Fry?) I also ate at Cheevers... Damn; that was an excellent Chicken Fry! Wow! 5 stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
those of you saying toby keiths need to go to the doctor and get your taste buds checked. toby keiths was the singular worst chicken fry I ever ate in 54 years of life

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheever s chicken fry is pretty damn good..... Charleston's was good and like mentioned above.... Del Rancho is pretty hard to beat for quick and easy.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
those of you saying toby keiths need to go to the doctor and get your taste buds checked. toby keiths was the singular worst chicken fry I ever ate in 54 years of life
I wont spend a dollar in that place. That man is the most arrogant SOB I know.
All his work in front off the troops is a front, they all say hes a dick when the shows over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom