Chattanooga TN Marine Recruiting Office Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
everyone talks about Islamic extremeists.....Islam is extreme.....they are committed to world domination and all infidels are to be enslaved or killed....so much for the religion of peace...don't for a minute believe your smiling co-worker wont turn on you...they will...it is, after all, their religious obligation.....

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's no doubt in my Marine Corps mind that islamic terrorism is a FAR more serious and immediate threat to us right now. I don't carry a gun everywhere I can wondering if some crazed Baptist Bible-Thumper is gonna try kill me and my family "in the name of God" nearly as much as I worry about some nutso-islamic-radical piece of crap doing it in the name of "his twisted version of God." Haji wants you and me to die because we are Americans.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As do the overwhelming majority of Muslims. Don't be pulling a Hannity.

The frequency, scope and death toll of Islamic terrorism attacks over the past 14 years says you're completely wrong, statistically speaking.

You have no valid suggestions on how to stem the violence, but thanks for adding your wholly unhelpful two cents on the matter! :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's no doubt in my Marine Corps mind that islamic terrorism is a FAR more serious and immediate threat to us right now. I don't carry a gun everywhere I can wondering if some crazed Baptist Bible-Thumper is gonna try kill me and my family "in the name of God" nearly as much as I worry about some nutso-islamic-radical piece of crap doing it in the name of "his twisted version of God." Haji wants you and me to die because we are Americans.

You're wasting your breath. The OSA Ostrich Squad doesn't understand the nuances of scope and scale. If one abortion clinic doctor in the United States was killed four years ago or homophobes who identify as "Christian" would kill gays in unrelated attacks, then that makes them as serious a threat to the general public as the Boston marathon bombers or the 9/11 terrorists. They absolutely refuse to even make the simple admission that while Christian terrorists are evil and need to be eradicated, the currently more serious threat is Islamic terrorists, due to the scope and scale of their carnage. They also refuse to admit that by percentage, more Muslims are willing to tolerate Islamic extremist carnage than Christians are willing to tolerate Christian extremist carnage.

So long as even our own community of like minded people can't admit the problem, much less speak it, what chance do you think we have of even reducing the threat? :nolike:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, except we aren't. We aren't living in the past either. Today is today and where we're at is an ideological conflict with Islamic extremism. Every time someone mentions a past we have at least for now moved on from, rather than say "We were once violent too!", shouldn't we be saying "We've rejected religious based violence, therefore we're ahead of you and you should strive to be more like us."???

Tell me what's wrong with that message?
:anyone:
If you tried using that argument in Iraq or Afghanistan or Yemen or Pakistan you would be laughed out of town.
People there see and hear drones and aircraft every day killing muslims.
Best estimate is the US has killed 30 muslims for every American that has been killed and a good number of those have been innocent civilians or collateral damage as they say.
From the perspective of people in those countries it's a crusade.

As a matter of fact, the guy that shot up these recruitment centers in TN strictly speaking can't be called a terrorist because he attacked military troops in a time of war.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Feel free to tell me when Christian terrorists have racked up as many kills at Islamic terrorists have over the past 14 years. Feel free to tell me when we've expended as much military ordinance, money and U.S. service member lives on Christian terrorists as we have in the past 14 years on Islamic terrorists.

Until you can do that, your intransigence in this topic is complete crap! :mad:

Years ago, I had a family member beaten within every inch of his life because they THOUGHT he was gay, maybe he was... but we'll never know because he commited suicide after the fact. Not "terrorism" for sure, but christian born hate for sure. Given the link I posted.... there are hundreds if not thousands. Let's not even get into the many lives that are affected every time is molested by a christian because they were trusted. Shall I even talk about the worldwide corruption the catholic church has historically been involved in? I get that Islamic terrorists are a threat.... but don't act like christianity is significantly better than islam. When nobody is looking, while it may not be as direct and more PC, the prejudice is still there.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The teachings of Christianity are not the problem. It's the downfall of those professing to be Christian. Islam on the other hand...

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The teachings of Christianity are not the problem. It's the downfall of those professing to be Christian. Islam on the other hand...

You are correct, Much evil has been done by people who claimed to be Christians. These sad and terrible deeds not withstanding, it does not prove that Christianity is the source of the problem.

I do not see how this line of discussion will either change anyone's mind or help deal with the threat we face from Islamic lone wolf attackers and the failure of our nation's leaders in this area.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you tried using that argument in Iraq or Afghanistan or Yemen or Pakistan you would be laughed out of town.
People there see and hear drones and aircraft every day killing muslims.
Best estimate is the US has killed 30 muslims for every American that has been killed and a good number of those have been innocent civilians or collateral damage as they say.
From the perspective of people in those countries it's a crusade.

As a matter of fact, the guy that shot up these recruitment centers in TN strictly speaking can't be called a terrorist because he attacked military troops in a time of war.

So what's your solution on the issue? Oh that's right, you don't have one! You'd prefer we keep doing the same thing and expect a different result? Or do you really believe they hate us for our freedom and they'll stop if we just leave them alone? :rolleyes2

Years ago, I had a family member beaten within every inch of his life because they THOUGHT he was gay, maybe he was... but we'll never know because he commited suicide after the fact. Not "terrorism" for sure, but christian born hate for sure. Given the link I posted.... there are hundreds if not thousands. Let's not even get into the many lives that are affected every time is molested by a christian because they were trusted. Shall I even talk about the worldwide corruption the catholic church has historically been involved in? I get that Islamic terrorists are a threat.... but don't act like christianity is significantly better than islam. When nobody is looking, while it may not be as direct and more PC, the prejudice is still there.

So every murder in Islam is done in the name of Allah? Every time a so called-Christian kills a gay, they yell "Praise Jesus!" as they do it? You can't say that, so I'll stick to my point that in the here and now, the practice of Christianity in America is better than the practice of Islam around the world. Feel free to keep living in the past and keep assuming that every violent act of bigotry is done in the name of Christ, I'm not buying what you're trying to sell! You're not even making sense at this point! :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom