Disappointing Beer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything Miller is horrible. Tried a Stella the last time I went to Outback, the beer was just as bad as the food.
I ust need to stick to a Modello with Mexican food or a XX amber with wings. Every time I try something different, I'm disappointed.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one recently at Buffalo wild wings. Wanted to try something different, didnt care for it.

Most restaurants around here just run CO2 through it. CO2 is bad for stouts.

Most restaurants don't run the right amount of CO2 through their other beers either. Some need a lot more than average, others need a lot less than average. If you order a beer at a restaurant that doesn't specialize in beer, you're going to be disappointed.

We ate at a place in Denver that served it's beer right. Even my wife liked the Guinness there, and she thinks Guinness from the bottle after they did away with the widget is nasty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For Mexican beer my favorite is Pacifico with XX in the green bottle a close second. My son says I like Pacifico because it tastes like Keystone - he could be right!:wave:

Pearl - wow! Haven't had it in years - in the late 60's some of my friends would buy Pearl, Lone Star, Stag, etc. because it was cheaper. Pearl always made me think of my childhood when we had hogs - first taste of Pearl reminds me of the soured smell of the shorts we used to mix with water to make slop for the hogs. Still don't like hogs & still don't like Pearl. Bleh!!!

Cedar Creek - aka Keith Stone (always smooth)

:drink:

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pick up a six pack if Session from the liquor store. Good stuff.

Haven't had a disappointing beer lately, been given some good recommendations and been lucky.

Last edited:

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most restaurants around here just run CO2 through it. CO2 is bad for stouts.

Most restaurants don't run the right amount of CO2 through their other beers either. Some need a lot more than average, others need a lot less than average. If you order a beer at a restaurant that doesn't specialize in beer, you're going to be disappointed.

We ate at a place in Denver that served it's beer right. Even my wife liked the Guinness there, and she thinks Guinness from the bottle after they did away with the widget is nasty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I'll take your word for that and give it a try again somewhere else

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had someone give me a 12 pack of this stuff. Took a few drinks of one and gave the 11 left away. Seriously undrinkable.

sierra-nevada-pale-ale.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom