Do you remember your mom saving these

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing. I forgot what my mom eventually got with them, but I know she had a crapload of books saved up. When we lived in Norman on Eisenhower RD (Robinson and the railroad tracks) I would bike to the Wrights IGA on Porter. Everytime she would yell as I was leaving "Don't forget the stamps!".
I remember the S&H store at Heisman Square, near the TG&Y. I don't remember ever going in there, but I remember the store.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in southern KS in the 60s & early 70s, never saw stamps at stores. I think KS law didn’t allow it, just like no red hot dogs - had to go to OK to get those even though they were made/packed at the Rodeo meat plant on the south side of town.

My mother in law was a fiend about them. Long after S&H had gone away, we tossed out many books when she moved to a townhouse from her long-time large house.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. I always looked forward to pasting them in the books and watching them suckers fill up. I don't remember one single thing we got with them, but I know Mom redeemed a bunch of them!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny. I knew what you were talking about just by reading the title of the thread.

Me too.

I read a Reader's Digest Humor In Uniform story about an enterprising GI in Nam. He was getting free food in bars and restaurants in Saigon by giving out S & H (Sanitation and Health) Greenstamps to these establishments pasting them on their windows and doors.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. I glued a few of them into books. I remember visiting a particular store in Altus to redeem them.

Brings back memories in the 70's sitting at Grandma's table with a wet sponge in a bowl pasting stamps for hours. We had the red Top stamps too that Puckett's grocery used instead of S&H. I remember that Altus store as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom