Dog question, need LEO advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks in advance.
I live in a neighborhood located in Rogers county. Some wonderful new renters have moved in very close by with their pit bull. They, even though they have a fenced back yard, let this dog wander the front yard. It is very stand-offish anytime I have been close to it, and we have been told by the kids that live there that it has bit the mother in the face fairly recently.
Dont get me wrong, I am a dog person, and have 2 mastiffs of my own. My problem is that there are several very young kids that play in the area every day. Everyone in our area is usually always outside of an evening, and up will wander this pit.
My question is, can anything be done about it in Rogers county? I know we are not in city limits so leash laws are out.

juscvin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not sure I don't think you can do anything unless the dog is acting agressive towards other animals or humans this would really be something you'd need to get with your local Sheriff's Office about. Have you tried voicing your concerns to your neighbor yet?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call 918-341-3535 (RCSO) and voice your concerns. It may not achieve any immediate results, but at least it will be on record in the event there are any incidents involving the dog.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'd approach it from the standpoint of just a loose dog wandering the block isn't the way to be a good neighbor.

If things go as normal, as soon as you mention some concern about it being a "pit", you'll be faced with nothing but defensiveness and an attitude from the owner.

IMHO, it doesn't matter if you're not in the city limits or not, if you're in a neighborhood, they shouldn't be letting their animal just run wild.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'd approach it from the standpoint of just a loose dog wandering the block isn't the way to be a good neighbor.

If things go as normal, as soon as you mention some concern about it being a "pit", you'll be faced with nothing but defensiveness and an attitude from the owner.

IMHO, it doesn't matter if you're not in the city limits or not, if you're in a neighborhood, they shouldn't be letting their animal just run wild.

I agree with this. No animal should be out running wild. I also agree with the "pit" thing. We do rescues, so I have fostered and worked with many pits. It does get old. The lady that lives next door, told me that she could not believe that I would bring that thing home with kids around. Now her kids play with him. I have seen bad ones, but don't blame the breed. The last foster I was bit by, was a chiwawa. The whole "lets blame the pits" thing, makes about as much sense as the "lets blame big clips and semi-autos" thing. If they are good pet owners they will keep the dog in a fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom