Dog question, need LEO advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When it comes to a pitbull running loose, be safe! Call animal control. Call the Sheriff's office. If no action from them, discreetly make it disappear.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
A bowl of antifreeze will cure it.

That's pretty messed up. I detest people that let their animals run loose and uncontrolled but If you've got a justifiable, actionable reason to kill an animal then man up and shoot it. I've seen a dog killed with antifreeze poisoning it is not a humane way to put an animal down.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone's gonna hate me but if i'm out in the front yard so is my dog.....difference is my dog knows not to go near the street or out of the yard. He usually just lays in the driveway and sun bathes. He's also a boxer so its a much friendly and unhated breed. The neighbors are always telling us how good he is and how much they love him. BUT the second any neighbor came up to me and said they were not comfortable with him being out in the yard then he would stay behind the fence or indoors.

Just go ask them to at least keep in their yard when they are outside with him. If that doesn't work then contact the sherriff.

How do you other neighbors feel about the dog? anyone else concerned?

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in rural Osage county. We dont have animal control and the sherrif wont show unless someone has been bitten. I would talk first to the neighbor first then the sherrif if nothing changes. If all else fails and the dog is aggresive deal with it. To me it matters not the breed just the attitude.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"OMG, A MAN WITH A GUN!" = "OMG, A PITBULL" ....it gets old seeing people who only get their education on a subject from the news.

There's a huge difference between a man with a gun (not menacing anyone) and an uncontrolled large dog running loose, regardless of breed. Does it really matter if your neighbor or a deputy asks you to control your dog? The answer should be the same in both cases, "Yes sir, sorry about that. It won't happen again." :scratch:

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have spoke with the neighbor about it, as have several other neighbors. Her reply was "I dont know what everyones deal is, there are no leash laws out here". They have a fenced back yard, just dont care to use it all the time.
RCSD will not do anything unless someone gets bit.
I personally dont care if it is a pit or not, remember in my first post that I own 2 mastiffs. Most people are scared to death of my dogs as well. This dog wanders, not just in their front yard, has been in my yard and several neighbors yards, and growled at me the only time it got close to me which was in my yard. Has been the same way with the other neighbors I have spoken to about it.
My main concern is that there are about 10 neighborhood kids (under 12) who are routinely down playing in my yard and several neighbors yards.
Hey Glocktogo, one of your fellow Collinsville officers lives just 2 doors down, his young son is routinly outside playing as well. I have not had a chance to catch him outside to talk with him about it.
Trust me, I have already thought about if I see it being aggressive towards a kid it will receive a lead injection, obviously making sure to not put any child in more danger.
I was just hoping there was maybe some state law regarding this situation. I know it will be taken care of if someone gets bit, just trying to avoid that. Remember, it has already bit the lady who owns it.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get ya a digital recorder and strike up the conversation again about it biting her in the face,then call the sheriff. Is that not harboring a viscous animal? It would have already bitten someone out of the owners mouth,BUT its gunna piss them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom