EMP you should consider the inevitable posibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys you need to quit drinking the EMP boogey man koolaid , there is a lot of credible evidence that contradicts what the fear mongering has been saying for a long time. Most modern consumer electronics , cars , computers have been built with survivability in mind . While some things will indeed not work many others will , an EMP natural or man made will not put civilization back into the dark ages .

Please see the below ..

Questions about the potential damage to vehicles in the aftermath of an EMP are quite common. An exhaustive study by the EMP Commission to determine the effects of an EMP on the United States (available here) were conclusive: most vehicles would survive an EMP.

U.S. EMP Commission Test Results – Key Points

• 50 vehicles built between 1987 and 2002 were exposed to a spectrum of EMP blasts (up to 50kV/m in strength).
  • 3 out of 50 vehicles shut down while driving.
  • All 3 of these vehicles continued rolling until they safely coasted to a stop.
  • 1 of those vehicles was disabled completely and would not restart.
  • 2 of those vehicle restarted without an issue.
  • Many nuisance issues arose from the 50 exposed vehicles including radio interference, strange and erratic behavior from headlights, turn-signals or brake-lights, and one vehicle needed to have its dashboard replaced
Well if our government says so I'll certainly sleep better tonight.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's an old ass timex digital or something, lol
Casio F-91W

Greatest watch in the world, even Bin Laden couldn't hate it

1689549770618.png

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not really 100% convinced that an EMP will be TEOTWAWKI. First, you'd have to be a suicidal country knowing you're about to be vaporized in return. Then your missile(s) would have to have make it thru the anti-missile defenses. Then it would have to detonate on location. Then it would have to perform like everyone seems to assume it would.

That's a plan with a lot of moving parts and a LOT of risk for pretty much no return.
A warhead doesn't have to be delivered via ICBM. It can be fired straight off the deck of a container ship in port. I don't believe there are any missile defenses in place that could stop a vertical missile launch before it can get to altitude. That's all it would take. How many Chinese ships do we have in port at any given time?

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have three Solar Generators (4 Patriots X2, and one ECOFlOW with two extra storage batteries, and about seven Solar panels for sale. All part of and estate sale. He was a prepper and all are brand new and never been used. Would like to sell as a full package, but the downside is, I'm in Southern Arizona. Shipping would be costly It could be worth the drive. I only guess the new on box storage batteries are about 35 pounds each, and same with the generators. Panels vary in size and weight. If interested Make reasonable offer/s Widow needs the money as he had no life insurance. 520-678-0041
No life insurance, widow needs money. Not much of a prepper for the most inevitable scenario....DUH... Would be concerned about his other prepper selections.

Latest posts

Top Bottom