Empty store shelves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've wondered about the shortage on sausage. Jimmy Dean hot is about the only thing left on the shelves. Most sausage is produced in the US and not related to the supply chain issues from China.
And bacon! At my local grocery store, a pound of bacon was between $10 to $12 for various brands. I thought for sure it had to be mis-priced. I haven’t bought bacon in awhile, and I couldn’t justify spending that much.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife does nearly all our shopping online and utilizing WMart pickup, but it seems they either don’t have what she orders or have to substitute brands or sizes for half the items on her list. I ran by Krogers on Sunday for the first time in a long time, and I was shocked that their shelves were nearly full. I’ve been telling her we need to go back to shopping at Krogers, but she’s hung up on how easy the online shopping/pickup service is. I get the ease of online shopping/pickup, but damn, if she’s only going to get half her order right, she might as well send me. At least then the “mistakes” would be stuff I like to eat.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a good laugh about a month ago wife done the online walmart order and ordered a lb of bananas and when she got home she only got 1 banana and she was going to make a banana pudding so that went out the window, the people that is doing the shopping
either dont give a damn or to dumb to read.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I go in on a Monday, they will be out of lots of things. Tuesday or Wednesday they will have mostly everything. I think they have trouble finding enough people to stock the shelves. Usually several employees are pulling orders for curbside delivery every day.
WalMart has dedicated team members for pulling orders. Only when they have all orders done are they sent to the floor to stock.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WalMart has dedicated team members for pulling orders. Only when they have all orders done are they sent to the floor to stock.
Here they hire part time workers to come in and work a few hours each day pulling orders and they do nothing else. I know one lady only works 3 days a week for 4 hours each day then she goes to her full time job.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here they hire part time workers to come in and work a few hours each day pulling orders and they do nothing else. I know one lady only works 3 days a week for 4 hours each day then she goes to her full time job.

The WalMart closest to me in OKC has 110 team members that work in the digital delivery department. A buddy of mine was an assistant manger at another store and was recently offered this position. He said one of his biggest challenges is try to get the order pullers to pay more attention to produce selection when pulling orders. One of the largest complaints he receives from customers has to do with rotten, bruised and mangled produce.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The WalMart closest to me in OKC has 110 team members that work in the digital delivery department. A buddy of mine was an assistant manger at another store and was recently offered this position. He said one of his biggest challenges is try to get the order pullers to pay more attention to produce selection when pulling orders. One of the largest complaints he receives from customers has to do with rotten, bruised and mangled produce.
I always assumed this was a main benefit of the curbside thing for the stores - let them get rid of produce and products that no one would actually buy if they were picking it themselves.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the hell is the deal with salted top saltine crackers at Walmart? There used to be a large section of shelving filled with them. It was as if no one ate them before. Now you can hardly find them anywhere. Are they made in China too?

Latest posts

Top Bottom