EXCLUDING POLITICS, what is the most irritating thing that happens or you have to deal with

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm the same. Several of us retired guys meet every Thursday over lunch to discuss how the world should really be ran using our infinite knowledge.
When server asks what to drink, just reply tea. Then they have to go into the sweet or unsweet diatribe.
They are just working for a living trying to get it right for the customer, so always say unsweet and smile.
Oh, one more. It's actually became a challenge and amusement to the folks we RV with.
I like a lemon with my bourbon and sprite. Invariably, it comes with a lime. Not lemon, especially in deep south Tx or in a Mexican Restaurant.
Come to find out the correct pronunciation for lemon in Spanish is limon. So, all that time they are thinking I'm asking for a lime.
I couldn't resist 😀. Taco bell serves bourbon?

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My folks went on a mission trip to Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and Germany about 20 years ago, and the first thing everybody wanted to do when they got back was go to Sonic because Europeans don't do ice.
I just use enough ice to chill it down. As a kid I didn't want any ice. Room temperature was how I wanted it.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hyphenated American. If you are citizen here….. you are American. If you want to bring your hyphenated place here…don’t…go home.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
****** economy and slow business. Having to "find" busy work to keep me going through the day. I do appreciate the company keeping the paychecks rolling out....but DAYUM... I'm so sick of "busy" work this year. It hasn't been 2 years since we were in mandatory OT this time of year, and I had to hustle to keep up with demand.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vocally rude young people!

I'm 72 years old so "young people" has a wide span.

I don't really need one but I'm contemplating,,,
Starting to carry a good stout cane.

Just last week a trio of teen punks verbally harassed me at Walmart,,,
Apparently I wasn't pushing my cart fast enough for them.

They do this because there haven't been any consequences to their actions,,,
I'm 72 and with the courts taking that disparity of age into account,,,
I might get away with whopping one with a good cane,,,
If they ever man up and actually touch me.

I do carry a pistol almost everywhere I go,,,
But I can't even justify brandishing it.

Certainly can't justify shooting them for rudeness,,,
No matter how they act towards me.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom