Fat guy shooting team?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialop24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have holsters, but the trick from the chair has been where to put the holster. Many people aren't gung ho about me drawing from the hip or the ankle even though I am seated. I have some options when it comes to selecting a gun, but most of my stuff is pretty compact. I imagine they wouldn't be optimal for target shooting....?

How about a cross draw? would that work? I never tried it from a chair.

Hedgehog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a cross draw? would that work? I never tried it from a chair.

I have had ranges ask me not to cross draw. I can do it....I CAN draw for just about anywhere, but some people get bothered by the notion of me cross-drawing. We went to the fair, and I had my service dog with me...while wearing transitions glasses. People thought I was gimpy AND blind....talk about getting some looks! People acted like I wasn't there. Imagine going to a range like that! Hehehe

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have holsters, but the trick from the chair has been where to put the holster. Many people aren't gung ho about me drawing from the hip or the ankle even though I am seated. I have some options when it comes to selecting a gun, but most of my stuff is pretty compact. I imagine they wouldn't be optimal for target shooting....?

valid questions about the draw. I will check into that. As far as compact....you need at least a 4 inch barrel gun in my opinion.

There will always be an available gun or 5 to borrow at a match if you want to shoot. The steel challenge will shoot from the low ready with a 22 and that gets rid of the holster.

specialop24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had ranges ask me not to cross draw. I can do it....I CAN draw for just about anywhere, but some people get bothered by the notion of me cross-drawing. We went to the fair, and I had my service dog with me...while wearing transitions glasses. People thought I was gimpy AND blind....talk about getting some looks! People acted like I wasn't there. Imagine going to a range like that! Hehehe

Wow, that's pretty messed up on the part of other people.

specialop24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, Tulsa's about 3 hours away, but if I can get the wife to go along, I'm all for it. I'll do my best with it. What ranges specifically do you go to? I don't know where any are in the Tulsa area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom