FBI: How to Respond to an Active Shooter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I think the first, mostest importantest, question would be: "how many are there?"

If it's just one, maybe two, mostly just disturbed individuals like we've seen here predominantly; I'd consider going with GtG's initial assessment of "draw, shoot".

If it's more than one or two, and they seem trained and/or determined; like Paris; then go for cover or at least concealment first. Preferably somewhere where if/when you run dry prior to stopping all of them, you can flee safely.

reddoubleddbra

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I taught Run Hide Fight to state employees and most have an inclination to Run and if you are not the type of person who can remain level headed you should run as well. If I am by myself I am going to take cover, assess the threat, and unleash lead. However if I am with family and friends I am going to evacuate them because I want to make sure there OK then I am going to take cover and engage as I must.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Police are reporting that they found 2500 rounds of .223 and 2000 rounds of 9mm ammo in the shooters' home. No doubt it will be called a massive amount of ammo by the press. We call it just enough for a slow weekend.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I taught Run Hide Fight to state employees and most have an inclination to Run and if you are not the type of person who can remain level headed you should run as well. If I am by myself I am going to take cover, assess the threat, and unleash lead. However if I am with family and friends I am going to evacuate them because I want to make sure there OK then I am going to take cover and engage as I must.

I'm pretty much on board with this opinion. But I really wonder how many replying here could actually face an intruder that's hot with a rifle?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty much on board with this opinion. But I really wonder how many replying here could actually face an intruder that's hot with a rifle?

Could or would? I think "would" is a far narrower demographic.

BTW, I agree that protecting family and/or close friends is far more critical than the public at large. They have the option to defend themselves just as much as we do.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with deerwhacker, run and hide, be as sneaky as possible and hide where one would not necessarily look and the first opportunity when it looks like you may survive, feed the terrorist/s lead for lunch. I guess the bottom line is kill every attacking muslim you can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom