Gawkers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sick and tired of "f" ing gawkers driving by and taking pictures. I stepped out in the road and asked three of them to come help me with cleanup instead of taking pictures. They all sped off instead. What a sick bunch we have in this state. Load up the kids in the car and lets go look at the devastation in Piedmont. We are real people out here trying to rebuild our lives. It's not a freak show. If you wanna see what kinda damage a tornado will do look at the pictures on the internet or watch Storm Chasers. Otherwise stay the "h" outta here.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The attitude of some people these days is disgusting everyone wants to see some destruction and they don't stop and take the time to realize that someone has lost their home or their life or a loved one. It's like the folks who will see a wreak take a picture and keep driving and not even call 911, I haven't been paying close attention to the boards for a few weeks but I am wondering how many members on here have been directly affected by the storms? I know there is some way the OSA community can help all of you that are having tough times with the clean up and repairs and there are a bunch of well able bodied folks on here that are in your area that might be able to help you guys out.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the Bombing happened I was working downtown. Our building was just far enough away to avoid damage but was within walking distance. I cannot tell you how many people I witnessed carrying remnants of the site to their cars -- had one co-worker who walked down there everyday at lunch specifically to get "another piece of history" ... made me sick to my stomach ...

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, they are a different breed of subhumans. Several of my "friends" on FB posted up pics of the Joplin disaster. I called them out on the pictures and stated just as you did. "Did you help, or just take pictures?" This was only hours after it had occured, and I knew they didn't live there. They had every excuse you could think of for not helping.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the 1974 (seems like yesterday) tornado we lost our home. After the stuff was enough off the roads here the herd came. First statement was always "now if there is anything we can do to help you just call us". Well, you could get your ass out of the car and help clean up, and away they went. The only help I got was from my insurance agent, my Carpenter (he had just finished remolding the house) and a group of Mennonites that helped cleanup. We much better now. :wave:

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sick and tired of "f" ing gawkers driving by and taking pictures. I stepped out in the road and asked three of them to come help me with cleanup instead of taking pictures. They all sped off instead. What a sick bunch we have in this state. Load up the kids in the car and lets go look at the devastation in Piedmont. We are real people out here trying to rebuild our lives. It's not a freak show. If you wanna see what kinda damage a tornado will do look at the pictures on the internet or watch Storm Chasers. Otherwise stay the "h" outta here.

Yukonjack, it you need any assistance PM me. I am more than welcome to come out and help clean up. I have a chainsaw and a truck bed we can put to use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom