how bout them pokes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep but I wanted to feel special to. now back in the corner you go.

You are special. It was a bad game to watch; way too lopsided to be exciting. Too bad the OU team didn't particpate and at least make it entertaining. OSU administered a whoopin' and OU took it. I, like many, would now like to see OSU get a crack at LSU...chances? Hell, I dunno, I dunno even know what I'm gonna have for breakfast! Good show Pokes, a total effort and they totally deserved the win. I'll still root for the Sooners cause I am a Sooner fan, but so what? It's just a game and the best team won last night.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OSU demolished OU. It was a great win for OSU.
I personally think LSU or Bama would kill OSU.
We probably will never know

One more comment: I personally thought OU would demolish the Pokes too. Guess I was wrong on that. So much for personal opinions eh? And guys, using the word HATE is pretty strong doncha think? I HATE child abusers, pedopohiles, and serial killers and terrorists; not college football teams; not even ...ulp (hard to say) Texas.

Bud Bundy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why didn't the sideline reporter do the halftime interview with the losing coach on air? I love it when they try to interview Stoops at half when they are losing, he is sprinting to the locker room giving one word answers with a go to he** look on his face, that is good tv.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hats off to the Pokes, you guys earned this one. Nice job.

As for the BCS National Championship... I'm so tired of the commentators just acting like there is no question Alabama deserves to play LSU (again). I'd almost like to just forgo the Championship and see OSU play Alabama instead just to put an end to that discussion.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LSU has no secondary defense. WVU (which runs the exact same offense as OSU) put 500 yards on them, and they don't have half the talent OSU has. LSU does not want to play a real offense because they know they won't be able to out score OSU.

Bama does not deserve another shot. They didn't even win their division. How can you play for the NC if you don't even win your division? The only reason it will be a rematch is because ESPN, who owns the SEC with their billion-dollar contract, wants the SEC to have another NC. It is a forgone conclusion when both teams are in the NC. It is laughable to say the least. Bama had their shot, they lost.

I'm not going to make excuses, but we all know why OSU lost the ISU game, even then it was extremely close. Add to that the FACT that the field goal was good in regulation yet ruled wide right, which it WAS NOT (go back and look, it is clearly good), OSU deserves to be in the NC, where they would give LSU fits. I am not saying OSU would absolutely win, but no one can say the LSU will absolutely win either, they have not faced a decent offense this year, and they don't have much in terms of offense themselves, beyond Mathieu.

Facts-
OSU wins 5 over BCS top 25 teams; Bama- 2
OSU wins over top 50- 7, bama- 5
All bama has to say is they lost to a better team. That is their only arguement. That doesn't make them better, it just makes them a 1-loss team with a less impressive schedule.

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the only reason OU fans are pulling for a cowboy bid is so THEY don't feel so bad about this beat-down!

I hope OU doesn't do something stupid like "changing-up the coaching staff", this typical OU-fan answer shows your football-savvy is somewhere in the ranks of going into the Walmart in Purcell and yelling "BOOMER!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom