iphone questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently have an iphone 3g(just plain 3g not the 3gs). I got some money for Christmas and am considering upgrading to the iphone 4g. My question is should i upgrade to the 4g or save a couple bucks more and go with the 4gs? Is there that big of a difference between the two?

Thanks

Manna

Marksman
Reaction score
I had a 3g that I recently upgraded to the new 4s. My thinking was that I'll have the 4s for a couple of years so I wanted to have the latest model. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much faster the 4s (or 4g for that matter) than the 3g!.

The Siri feature in the 4s has been pretty useful to me...primarily for sending text messages and making calls via Siri. Facetime is also a big feature of 4g and 4s.

I wish I could have held out for the iphone 5, but I couldn't.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do upgrade I would go with the 4s. Dual core processor = faster phone. Everything is designed around the new processor. Plus Siri is awesome to have when setting appointments or meetings in the calendar. If I wasn't so cheap sometimes I would upgrade from my iPhone 4.

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it would depend on how you use the phone. If you are into gaming on the phone or use the internet alot, it might be worth it to you. If you use just basic phone stuff, maybe not. I think you can buy a refurburished 4 from Apple for $100 and they come with the standard warranty.

And remember, Apple will come out with the next model around July.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not the 4g and 4s. It's just the 4 and the 4s. Neither of which are 4G phones. But, from everything I've seen you don't want a 4G phone anyway. Coverage is so limited and the battery life is awful not to mention that there really isn't anything that is true 4G yet.

I upgraded from the 4 to the 4g and I think it was totally worth it. Better camera, much faster overall and Siri is really useful especially while driving. The only thing which was a downgrade was the battery life. The 4s does not have asuch battery life although it will still easily last all day which is more than you can say for a lot of android phones.

Souperphly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want your phone based on what big brother apple decides with little to no effort on your end then iphone is your bag.

If you want your phone tailored exactly to your liking and are willing to invest some time to get it that way you will find the android os and developer community much more to your liking.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my wife the 4s two weeks ago. She has had no complaints with it. Disabled Siri since she doesn't talk to her phone.

To side bar to the 4g sucking battery down topic. I got a Motorola Razr when they came out. I sent it back for one complaint. It would be dead by noon if I pulled it off the charger at 7am. Not good. fast foward to the 15th. I went and picked up the Galaxy Nexus. I have exceeded 12 hours of battery time with Wifi on and moderate phone usage. More than my 3g Omnia ever could do with only two or three phone calls a day.

If I were the OP and were deciding between the Iphone 4 and 4s. go ahead and pony up the cash for the 4s.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the 4s about 10 days ago. Siri works really well and I would recommend getting it. It would be worth the extra $100 just for the faster processor of the 4s. I switched from a Droid 2 and I am very pleased to have a phone that actually works. Sure there may be a bit more freedom with the android os but that doesn't mean jack when your phone does not work. I have been able to do everything I did with my droid and the only difference is that I haven't had it freeze up once or cussed at my phone for not working. Guess apple gained a new fanboy here. Screw android.

Also, my sis in law has gotten the new razor and took it back because it was glitchy (randomly shutting down, unresponsive). She went back and got the latest samsung that just came out and last night it just started calling random numbers and shutting down, etc. Apple is where its at.

Latest posts

Top Bottom