1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Is Anybody Else Feeling Sick?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by druryj, Mar 24, 2020.

1. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Both the wife and I have...something. We don't know if it's a bad cold, the flu, or this damn virus. But we sure are being careful. I hope everyone here is staying safe, and has adequate food/essentials to get them through this current situation.
    I had 4 surgeries last fall, after being in the hospital for 4 days with sepsis brought on by a UTI. I was told it would take several months to get over that. Sepsis: It sure takes its toll on you. It beat me up. It's the proverbial "I got hit by a Mack Truck" thing. That, plus being in my 60's, puts me at risk now I suppose. But I'm tougher'n a two-dollar steak, it's my wife I'm more worried about right now. It's the fact that I can't get her taken care of like I could just a few short weeks ago should she get worse that worries me. I am scared of the long term impact of this whole thing, the health crisis, and the societal crisis as well. Even when this passes, our "normal" will never be what it was.

I miss my friends and family. Please, everyone, take care of yourselves. I'd like to see us able to get back to having our ENS; our get togethers. Prayers for us all seems like a good thing right now.

2. rswink

rswink Sharpshooter

That is the real problem.....

Ugg, don't get me started, I have to get ready for the shoe that will drop later today. Just wait.....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

retrieverman, rc508pir and Judi like this.
  3. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Night before last, I had a scare. I thought there was a small chance I was having heart problems, so Teresa called 911 and I was checked out in Caldwell. They thought it could have been a stomach flu or even food poisoning. After five or six stabs, they FINALLY got an IV started, and gave me something for the nausea. All of my tests came out all right, (kidney function was off slightly) and they told me to drink plenty of fluids, and stay away from others as much as practical.

4. 16colt

16colt Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Drurgj and gerhard1,
    Praying for you both. This is a tough time to have any existing health concerns with everything else that is going on. I am typically healthy myself, but have had a little of a cough for a few days and it really had me worried (thinking it was just allergies now). That being said I am continuing in prayer that this world will get back to normal soon. Stay strong everyone!

5. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The wife and I have been hunkered down since the 11th. She's a liver transplant recipient and my problem is a bad ticker. We are fine so far. Joel, I'll be praying for both of you.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  6. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I’ve had a daggum cold for about a week and a half. Not a bad one just one of them nagging ones. Was a little tired the first handful of days. It was mainly in my sinuses and got into my chest some. Trying to sleep laying flat was a booger cuz I’d start coughing. I’m getting close....(pause to cough up lung).....to over it I think.

7. Judi

Judi Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Wishing everyone well ...hopefully it's just that last gas station burrito you ate on the way home....from making sure no place has any ammo left.

Get Well, ... Looking forward to meeting you out here this year shooting. Love you all.

8. Hangfire

Hangfire Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Far as I know we're both doing alright.

We've been hanging close to the house unless we're really in need of something and when we do venture away from home we slather on the hand sanitizer......mama told me last night that we need to go to WM to fill a prescription and get some fresh veggies tomorrow morning.

I went to the range at first light yesterday morning for about 90 minutes with one of my 1911's and 100 rounds of ammo and I'm going again this morning as soon as it gets light enough out to see.......going as early as I do weekdays 95% of the time I'm the only one there from the time I arrive till I leave so there's nobody around to rub elbows with.

Hoping everyone stays well and gets through this.

9. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Thanks, folks. In addition to going to Judi's place to shoot, the wife and I plan a trip to Ada as soon as we can safely so so. The local paper has an article written in 1932 concerning a gunfight between Charles Arthur 'Pretty Boy' Floyd and some of what later became the OSBI.

Why is this article of interest to me, you might ask? I met and spoke with one of the lawmen on several occasions before he died in 1961 in Tacoma. He was my grandmother's uncle which made him my great-great uncle.

10. Legend

Legend Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Just getting over something. Upper respiratory, congestion, coughing, low grade fever, headache. I’m about day 12.