Legalizing Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Citing a report the group released Tuesday, the ACLU says police made more than 8 million marijuana arrests from 2001 to 2010, more than half of all drug-related arrests. About 90 percent were for marijuana possession, not consumption, the report notes. The cost of prosecuting marijuana arrests over the next six years will cost American courts $20 billion, the ACLU says.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013...-law-reform/UPI-45941370376538/#ixzz2VrKUN59Y

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Citing a report the group released Tuesday, the ACLU says police made more than 8 million marijuana arrests from 2001 to 2010, more than half of all drug-related arrests. About 90 percent were for marijuana possession, not consumption, the report notes. The cost of prosecuting marijuana arrests over the next six years will cost American courts $20 billion, the ACLU says.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013...-law-reform/UPI-45941370376538/#ixzz2VrKUN59Y

The ACLU supporting it means we shouldn't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been going back and forth to Denver quite a bit lately working on music with friends there who I also stay with when there, they moved to the Aurora area from Tulsa. 2 of them are running a 'garden' supply business and the other has a business selling edibles to her MM patients. They all have their MM cards for various reasons, to which they also gave up their CCW cards for. Their business not mine. Being from northern California I know the scene and while I dont embibe for many reasons I probably still wouldnt even if it was legal here, just not my thang, but I believe that people should be able to do what they want with their own bodies. I dont see it ever being even half legal here like it is there and thats just fine with me but others are missing out and being persecuted for something that is not only benficial to some peoples health but life saving to some. Thats enough reason for it to be legal for me.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked I'm public safety for 20 yrs. I saw families ruined, fatality MVAs, teenagers lives ruined all from alcohol, I never saw one of the above or any problem over my 20 yrs due to marijuana. Maybe if we don't legalize marijuana we should outlaw alcohol ( we know how that goes ) if they don't want to appear to be hippocrates. The stats are there alcohol does more damage then marijuana, but if we did away with alcohol thank of all those tax dollars that would be lost. By the way I don't use either.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can the OP add a poll?

I don't think he can. I know that I probably can, but that's not the topic this thread started on.

Anyway... I can summarize the results of a previous poll from 2008 or 2009 that got lost in the abyss during one of the great crashes of 2011. The results were something like 68% in favor and 32% opposed IIRC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom