Oklahoma lake question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Shackleford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't fish the Osage side of the lake, but I usually have pretty good luck at Bear when the water is coming down the river, as it should be right now with the rain up north. One thing to remember about Bear Creek, is after a rain, that road coming in gets pretty bad. It doesn't take it too long to dry out being sand, but it gets slick enough I've had to use 4wd to get down it right after a rain. It doesn't sound like you are planning on putting a boat out, but if you are, the ramp at Bear should probably be avoided unless you have a flat bottom and put out when the water is up.

THANK YOU! for the information. We are leaning towards staying at Bear Creek and my dad may bring his boat over for a couple days. I have 4x4 so unless it comes a toad strangler I should be ok. It did look like the shore line would work well for pulling the the boat up and "docking" it?

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Optima Lake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Hey it still looks like it has water on the map

Here is a pic of the boat ramp. You drive down it and the about a mile to where the water USED to be
15mzp7p.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom