once fired guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't use the classifieds much but I have noticed a lot of items are over priced. I typically only look for ammo but I have seen guys list a box of rounds you can get at wal-mart for X amount and then turn around and sell them for 10-15 bucks more.

But if people are buying your stuff, why go lower?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The old saying buyer beware comes to mind.
If you don't know what something is worth then do your homework first.
There's several online sources you can check and see if it's high or low.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But if people are buying your stuff, why go lower?

This dead horse has been beaten a lot in the past, but I'd say that since this is a community and not gunbroker or a gunshow, you shouldn't crap where you eat.

I've seen plenty of folks price gouge back in the day on an item and turn right around and ask for help with fixing something they just bought (only to turn around and sell it on here for a profit since they got free help or even parts to fix their junk and sold it as gold).

That just plain sucks - and while it used to be easy to weed those folks out, it gets harder when there are thousand of people instead of a few hundred (like their used to be).

Its all based on the honor system - and if people don't honor that system, then it makes things worse for everyone here. Abuse it and fall into the anonymous crowd and no one's the wiser.

I'd just as soon see those folks go somewhere else and price gouge to their hearts content, but then again, this place is free and people are allowed to do whatever they want (which makes it a great site except for the users/abusers).

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a gun shop up here in stillwater, 249 or 349 for a beat up llama .45 They had a gun retail book right there on the counter and all their used handguns were easily more expensive then the nib condition price. I saw beat up glocks for 549

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any item is worth exactly whatever someone will pay for it.

It seems like there is one of these posts every two or three months. Why do people complain about it so much?!?!? If I see a stupidly high price, I just don't buy it. It's not that big a deal. There will always be someone that thinks what ever they have is worth more, and you never have to buy it, unless you are foolish enough.

All that said, I've got this sweet 10/22 I'm putting up for sale. It has only had 11 rounds through it. My shoulder just can't take the heat! I'm only asking $1,200.

Gunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like to buy guns to keep a while, then sell or trade, then price becomes important. On the other hand, if you buy WWII stuff to collect and never sell like I do, then price is not as important as condition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom