OSA Metro Area OKC Eat-N-Shoot - Revival!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Day for OSA Eat-N-Shoot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joel, maybe we can talk to Mike about reserving some lanes. Might even think about one of the classrooms that's not being used, and everyone brings a plate of food. I can bring a couple of custom 1911's, LW HP, and a LW 38 Super Commander. Might even be talked into shooting the 1914 1911.

Great idea. Once the vote is in, we'll set the date and then go from there. You are hereby designated as the unofficial range liaison peon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to be an old stick-in-the-mud, but if I'm driving 3 hours round trip, someone else is doing the cooking. Halftime Grille does a pretty good job of that.:D
(Shhhh. We'll let old Jimmy brown bag it if he wants to eat a peanut butter and jelly samwich and we'll go choke down chicken and burgers at Halftime Grill).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Us city folk sometimes just have to make do with indoor facilities though, and Big Boys really is an awful nice facility.

I could offer our outdoor range in Ponca City as a future alternative with some reservations.
Beautiful facility with 40+ steel poppers, target stands, and opportunities to set up some run and gun type stages shooting paper and steel while on the move or official steel challenge stages.
Ranges out to 300 yds for the rifle folks. Shotgun area with a thrower as well.
Reservation is that a club member has to be with each group on different bays depending on how many will attend.
80 acres of open area for smoker locations. lol.
100 miles from Tulsa or OKC, but I drive that almost every weekend to shoot at different ranges.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk to your friends that may want come and shoot and hopefully to join. Be a great way to promote OSA

This is a great idea. If you guys who are going to be able to make it have any shooting buddies who are not on OSA, maybe you could invite them to join us. Getting closer to setting the date based on two things:

1. Outcome of the Poll
2. Range Activities that may affect us

Looking at Big Boys Website, I can see that there are classes scheduled pretty much every weekend so that will almost guarantee we can't have use of a free classroom, but they do have a large lobby outside the range area where we can sit and visit ; not just try to talk with earmuffs on and bang-bang and pew-pew going on.

http://www.bigboysgunsandammo.com/index.html

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could offer our outdoor range in Ponca City as a future alternative with some reservations.
Beautiful facility with 40+ steel poppers, target stands, and opportunities to set up some run and gun type stages shooting paper and steel while on the move or official steel challenge stages.
Ranges out to 300 yds for the rifle folks. Shotgun area with a thrower as well.
Reservation is that a club member has to be with each group on different bays depending on how many will attend.
80 acres of open area for smoker locations. lol.
100 miles from Tulsa or OKC, but I drive that almost every weekend to shoot at different ranges.

I like the idea and willing to drive from Tulsa, I would like advice from you all on how to shoot better with my SPR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom