Shooting in Colorado Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suspect surrendered after shoot-out with police. They were eventually able to shout to him and begin communications. Last I heard on FOX News from the Colorado Springs PD public information officer was 11 taken to the hospital with 5 of those being law enforcement personnel. PD and other law enforcement agencies still need to clear all rooms and look for more citizens still in the building. Then a through crime scene investigation will begin.

Shooter unknown and as yet has not been identified to the public. Colorado Springs PD PIO stated that she could confirm a "long gun" was used, while some other reports state it could be an AK. Other devices were possibly taken into the building, so bomb squad and ATF could be searching for IED's.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got to say listening to the scanner feed gave me a new appreciation for what the police / swat go through in these instances. Those guys were professional and calculating.

Last edited:

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is unclear at this point whether or not Planned Parenthood was the target of this shooter or he merely ducked in there for cover. Some reports say the intitial shooting was elsewhere.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is unclear at this point whether or not Planned Parenthood was the target of this shooter or he merely ducked in there for cover. Some reports say the intitial shooting was elsewhere.

Initial reports were saying that, but at the 7:00pm press conference yesterday evening, the Colorado Springs PD PIO was saying that the event originated at Planned Parenthood. From what I was hearing on the news last night, there had apparently been some protests against PP in the last few weeks. I think they were saying that there were up to 300 people at the protests.

I've not been on yet to see what they are saying about the shooter this morning, so I don't know if they have a motive for the shooting or not.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a UK news source. A loner from North Carolina that lived in a cabin in the woods without running water or electricity. Odd fellow.

Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Shooter

While he never talked religion or abortion, a cross made of twigs was seen on the outside wall of his cabin.

EDIT: The above news source stated that some pro-abortion activists are already out there saying that this shooting may be related to someone seeing the abortion videos that have been released in the last several months. However, they obviously don't know that the guy lived where he had no electricity to see the videos. Without that, he's have to have a laptop to take to where he could get free WiFi, but why have a laptop if one doesn't have electricity?

Also, from the news source, found way down at the very bottom of the story:

"'We don't yet know the full circumstances and motives behind this criminal action, and we don't yet know if Planned Parenthood was in fact the target of this attack,' Cowart, president of Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountains, said in a statement.

'We share the concerns of many Americans that extremists are creating a poisonous environment that feeds domestic terrorism in this country.
'We will never back away from providing care in a safe, supportive environment that millions of people rely on and trust.'

The Colorado Springs clinic has been the target of repeated protests, and in recent years moved to its current location, which has been derided as a 'fortress' by abortion foes.

Hundreds of protesters picketed in front of the clinic in August as part of a push by abortion opponents to cut off public funding for Planned Parenthood, according to the Colorado Springs Gazette."

Latest posts

Top Bottom