Shooting in Colorado Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
let's not be PC with this one either...he's a radical christian terrorist

Yup. When do we start rounding up Christians?

So, I guess I need to be sure and pack extra firearms when we visit OKC next month. After all, I am allowed to defend myself against those that would attack me. I guess these comments could be considered as threats.

Am I reading that right? Have the "anti-Christians" begun to be more violent in their opinions? Sad, because I used to think that I could trust just about any and all Okies.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I guess I need to be sure and pack extra firearms when we visit OKC next month. After all, I am allowed to defend myself against those that would attack me. I guess these comments could be considered as threats.

Am I reading that right? Have the "anti-Christians" begun to be more violent in their opinions? Sad, because I used to think that I could trust just about any and all Okies.

Yes. Miltary veteran and longtime, well-respected, reasonable OSA member and/or one of our weird moderators are going to be gunning for you next month. You certainly read that right. I'd just cancel. That SMS is a hothead.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
let's not be PC with this one either...he's a radical christian terrorist

Once I see the evidence, I will call it as it is - IF he was advocating terroristic violence based upon his Christian beliefs, well, then I, as a fellow Christian, will condemn him and the whole idea of Christian terrorism. More importanty, my whole Church - which can speak authoritatively for about half of Christianity on faith and morals - makes such condemnation very clear and that predates this act. If he is a nutcase who happens to be Christian, that would be a different case. In either event, I have no problem with him receiving just punishment for his actions - regardless of their inspiration.

I would be more concerned if he was a member of a well organized and funded 20-25-33% (take a pick) of Christianity that advocated such violence - but that doesn't exist. Unlike with some other religions or with eco-anarchists or with communists.

Perhaps the abortion people would have higher moral ground if the whole purpose of abortion clinics wasn't primarily to facilitate killing innocent human beings. My grandson was just born a few weeks early - PP advocates that his mother should have been able to have him extracted and pithed like a frog with the assistance and financing of the State. I DO NOT support violence against PP or other abortion advocacy groups or personnel, and I DO support punishing anyone who harms those facilities or people but it is hard not to see the irony and hypocrisy of the PP supporters outcry on this beyond the specific call for punishing the trigger-puller. Their cries about dangerous anti-abortion rhetoric are the height of hypocrisy. Nevertheless, the vast majority of Christians, and the Christian Churches, clearly, and consistently have called for peaceful (only) means to oppose what many see as a violent and hideous act, namely abortion. Those who advocate otherwise and claim to be acting as Christians, are plainly outside the vast majority of Christians and are not being aided, abetted, or having a blind eye turned toward them by other Christians.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This just in, hot off the press.... Meanwhile Peace on Earth, Goodwill to Men. (Men in the generic sense including Women annd ... oh never mind things have gotten too complicated)

Jonah Goldberg: Planned Parenthood and those villainous Christians

If we can't condemn Islam for Muslim terrorists, why do we condemn Christians?

In the wake of the Colorado Springs shooting, I read a great deal about so-called Christian terrorism from liberals. I don’t think they’ve thought this through.

We’ve spent years hearing how associating Islam with terrorism is outrageous and bigoted. President Obama, Secretary of State John Kerry and Hillary Clinton have all made the case that Islamic terrorism has “nothing whatsoever” - Clinton’s words - to do with Islam. President Obama insists the Islamic State “is not Islamic.”

Even phrases such as “Muslim terrorism” are forbidden because they imply that Islam itself has something to do with terrorism. Better to talk about “death cults,” “violent extremism” and criminals. And if you have to mention religion, make sure you adorn the word with lots of specific adjectives such as “radical” and “extremist,” or deploy euphemisms such as “jihadist.”

Whether any of that is convincing is a topic for another time. Liberals insist they believe it to be true, and at least for argument’s sake, I’m happy to take them at their word.

So where is the condemnation of the phrase “Christian terrorism” (or, for that matter, “white terrorism”)? By all means, Christian leaders should denounce violent attacks on Planned Parenthood. But shouldn’t progressive leaders condemn any effort to tie Christianity with terrorism?

Apparently not. It seems taking sides against Christianity is the progressive thing to do.

In a famous speech at the National Prayer Breakfast this year, President Obama lectured Christian clergy not to get on their “high horse” about the atrocities committed by ISIL, given that Christians committed (allegedly) similar atrocities during the Crusades.

It’s difficult to catalog all the flaws with this comparison, but one problem stands above all of the rest. By laying the Crusades at the feet of Christianity, Obama was unwittingly laying ISIL's atrocities at Islam’s feet, at least rhetorically.

Consider that modern-day Council of Nicea, ABC’s The View. Joy Behar recently insisted concern over Muslim refugees was overblown. After all, Oklahoma City bomber "Timothy McVeigh was a Christian,” Behar said. “Just sayin’.”

Whoopi Goldberg (no relation) concurred. “There have been a lot of monster Christians,” she said. “Hitler was a Christian.”

Just for the record, Hitler detested Christianity, and McVeigh was an avowed agnostic who never cited Jesus as the inspiration for his crimes.

Personally, I’m opposed to all such forms of guilt by association, but it seems obvious to me that contemporary Christianity is not struggling with a Crusades problem, while Islam is certainly struggling with a jihad problem.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/12/01/planned-parenthood-christians-isil-jonah-goldberg-column/76557040/

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
radical christian terrorists attacking abortion receivers, practitioners, and facilities with violence isn't anything new...there's a rich history of it, including numerous assaults, batteries, murders, and arsons. in most of these cases, the hate and violence stemed directly from these people's christian ideologies (not necessarily *your* christian ideology). these christian extremists don't represent the vast majority of christians, just as muslim extremists don't represent the vast majority of muslims. the difference is how extremists (and moderates) that identify with your ideology are talked about in comparison to extremists (and moderates) who identify with other ideologies are talked about. the overlap of personal identity with group identity is important, and it constrains the narratives that attempt to explain violence within and outside our groups. a shamefully brief summary: when the extremist identifies with our own group, it's mostly (or completely) the extremist's fault; however, when the extremist identifies with a different group, it's mostly (or completely) the group's fault. this is why we can't have nice things.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Boo!

Are you scared. Cuz that was scary.

Imma get me some Christian scalps...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
radical christian terrorists attacking abortion receivers, practitioners, and facilities with violence isn't anything new...there's a rich history of it, including numerous assaults, batteries, murders, and arsons. in most of these cases, the hate and violence stemed directly from these people's christian ideologies (not necessarily *your* christian ideology). these christian extremists don't represent the vast majority of christians, just as muslim extremists don't represent the vast majority of muslims. the difference is how extremists (and moderates) that identify with your ideology are talked about in comparison to extremists (and moderates) who identify with other ideologies are talked about. the overlap of personal identity with group identity is important, and it constrains the narratives that attempt to explain violence within and outside our groups. a shamefully brief summary: when the extremist identifies with our own group, it's mostly (or completely) the extremist's fault; however, when the extremist identifies with a different group, it's mostly (or completely) the group's fault. this is why we can't have nice things.

I guess I'm not privy to your knowledge of all those among the "rich history" of violence, especially where it applies in modern times. However, I do thank you for pointing out that those radicals of different religions do not represent the majority of those in the different faiths. I'll also go so far and say that those among the "non-religious" that are radical also don't represent the majority of the non-religious. But, as I asked SMS, I wonder how the numbers add up between the non-religious and religious, particularly among those religions other than Islam.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which church did he attend that advocated violence toward PP? Surely there's some evidence of a terror network, with coordinated planning.

I'm interested in this response as well.

We have religions that support peace and brotherhood, and we have others that support women not driving, genital mutilation, child sex, lying to further the religion, killing infidels, etc.

The media identified him as a Christian radical terrorist. Bullshat. He was mentally disturbed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom